How do I download Sims 3?

by dwdugan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I download Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

I can't find where, or how I download/re-install the Sims 3. My computer is a newer Mac version for more information. It's been a long time since I played it, and I'd like to do so again.

Thanks!

Daren

Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I download Sims 3?

@dwdugan  If your Mac runs Catalina, then you can't install Sims 3, much less play it.  The game is a 32-bit app, and Catalina is 64-bit only.  At some point though, EA will release a 64-bit-compatible version of the game; we're hoping this year.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

If your Mac doesn't run Catalina, then you can login to the Origin app and download Sims 3 from your game library.  Click on the base game and download it, then once it's installed, click on it again and select More > Expansion Packs, and you'll see a list of packs with an orange Download button for each one you own.  (Repeat for Stuff Packs.)

This is provided you registered your game at some point, either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site.  if not, you can still register your base game and packs now, then download everything from Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (423 Views)

All Replies

@dwdugan  If your Mac runs Catalina, then you can't install Sims 3, much less play it.  The game is a 32-bit app, and Catalina is 64-bit only.  At some point though, EA will release a 64-bit-compatible version of the game; we're hoping this year.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

If your Mac doesn't run Catalina, then you can login to the Origin app and download Sims 3 from your game library.  Click on the base game and download it, then once it's installed, click on it again and select More > Expansion Packs, and you'll see a list of packs with an orange Download button for each one you own.  (Repeat for Stuff Packs.)

This is provided you registered your game at some point, either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site.  if not, you can still register your base game and packs now, then download everything from Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!
Message 3 of 3 (409 Views)