Re: How can I use the sims 4 gallery?

by Leah20016

Original Post

How can I use the sims 4 gallery?

★★★ Novice

Normally it would have 3 tabs at the top showing the gallery, what you made. etc. but instead it took me straight to my library without any other tabs to choose from. How can I use the sims 4 gallery?

Message 1 of 12 (776 Views)

@Leah20016  Does your computer run the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  The Gallery isn't available in the LE.

Also, if you happen to have a child account, online features, including the Gallery, are disabled.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (737 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply.

The game required updating and installed the Legacy version. There was no choice.

Do you know if I can get a version that has a gallery? 

Message 3 of 12 (714 Views)

@Leah20016  Sometimes Origin prompts people to download the Legacy Edition when they don't need it, so if you're one of those people, then you may be able to switch back to the standard version.  Please let me know if your computer runs Windows or macOS, and either run a dxdiag (Windows):

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

or list the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 4 of 12 (707 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
It's macOS Mojave, version 10.14.4
Mac Book Pro (15-inch, 2017)
Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Message 5 of 12 (670 Views)

@Leah20016  Your computer doesn't need the Legacy Edition, and in fact it shouldn't be running at all, regardless of whether you have it downloaded.  It's strange that you got the prompt to install the LE at all, given your specs.  You can check for yourself if you want though: on the Main Menu, your game version will be listed along the bottom of the screen.  Copy and past the full number here, not just the first few digits but the whole thing.

In the interim, I've moved your post to the Mac section for better help.

Message 6 of 12 (637 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict What main menu? If you mean the menu in the game, it's not clickable. Also, I can't build, look at sim's needs, and half the time when i exit build mode i cant do anything whatsoever and have to unplug my computer. these are all separate issues so my game is all types of messed up.
Message 7 of 12 (594 Views)

@Leah20016  I do mean the game's Main Menu, and you don't need to click anything.  The version number is listed along the bottom of the screen for you to look at without clicking or opening any windows.

The other issues sound like the effects of an outdated UI Cheats mod.  Try removing it and see whether it helps.

Message 8 of 12 (576 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I replied a couple of days ago, checked back and my reply is not here... it's strange.
The main menu is not accessible at all. When clicking 3 dots in the corner, the main menu option doesn't even come up. I can't get to that screen.
I removed the UI Cheats mod I had, nothing changed.
Is there a way for me to switch back to the standard version of the game?
Message 9 of 12 (508 Views)

@Leah20016  The Main Menu is what you see when you first load the game and the intro sequence ends, where you have the option to start a new save or load an existing one.  Look along the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Message 10 of 12 (506 Views)