Re: How can I take out The Sims 4: Legacy Edition of my game?

by KitKatsMadison

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I take out The Sims 4: Legacy Edition of my game?

★★★ Novice

I downloaded it and it made my game a lot worse. I want to take it out of my game, but I don't know how. Is it possible to take it out of my game? I want my game how it was before. I am running on a macOS.

Message 1 of 9 (812 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
@KitKatsMadison Unfortunately that computer won't support Apple's graphics technology, Metal. This means that you must use the Legacy Edition on this computer.

If upgrading is an option for you then now would be a good time to consider it. You can get used computers and refurbished computers cheaper than new, if you prefer. Most any Mac manufactured in the last 5+ years should be able to support Metal and will last you for many more years.

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (708 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@KitKatsMadison If your mac doesn't support metal, there's no way the game runs without the legacy edition.

What model do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (792 Views)

★★ Guide
@KitKatsMadison In what way has it made things worse?

If you have backups (TimeMachine?) of your Mac then you can restore The Sims 4 from the backup to restore previous functionality. You will need to make sure not to apply any future patches though, and you will not be able to purchase/install any future Packs since the base game is often updated to support them.

If you Mac GPU supports Metal I would really encourage you to upgrade your macOS to at least El Capitan (10.11), though any version of macOS from 10.11 to 10.15 (Catalina) will work. Again, the requirement is that your GPU must support Apple's Metal graphics layer.
Message 3 of 9 (772 Views)

★★★ Novice

My mom told me about backing up my computer and I wish I did. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Message 4 of 9 (730 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know if my computer supports Metal so I took a screenshot of this: 

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 8.57.11 PM.png

Message 5 of 9 (729 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also, if my computer doesn't support metal, would it just be best to get a new computer? I've thought about getting one for a long time now and I've already backed up my saves and other things onto a flash drive.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

Message 6 of 9 (723 Views)

★★ Guide
@KitKatsMadison Unfortunately that computer won't support Apple's graphics technology, Metal. This means that you must use the Legacy Edition on this computer.

If upgrading is an option for you then now would be a good time to consider it. You can get used computers and refurbished computers cheaper than new, if you prefer. Most any Mac manufactured in the last 5+ years should be able to support Metal and will last you for many more years.

Good luck!
Message 7 of 9 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the feedback! My Sims 4 game ran a little laggy and the graphics were low, but I was fine with it. Good to know now! I wish I upgraded sooner.

Message 8 of 9 (682 Views)

★★ Guide
@KitKatsMadison Yes, the march of technology is relentless. While the older computers are still useful for some tasks, increasingly they get cut out of new features, new functionality, and new software. Eventually we're all forced to upgrade.
Message 9 of 9 (623 Views)