How can I re-install The Sims 4 onto my new IMAC?

by Giffendulum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I re-install The Sims 4 onto my new IMAC?

★ Novice

I have just moved out for university, my old windows laptop has died which had my Sims 4 installed on it. I have bought a newly. re-furbished, IMAC from Apple and want to download the game from Origin onto my MAC. When I input the product code it tells me the code has already been used therefore I can't install it again. How do I get around this? Please don't tell me you can only have the game on one system, that's ridiculous??

Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I re-install The Sims 4 onto my new IMAC?

@Giffendulum

The game is linked to your Origin ID, not whatever computer you are using. Make sure you are logged into Origin on your iMac using the same account details you used on your Windows PC. Once you are logged in you can then download it from your games library.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (585 Views)

All Replies

@Giffendulum

The game is linked to your Origin ID, not whatever computer you are using. Make sure you are logged into Origin on your iMac using the same account details you used on your Windows PC. Once you are logged in you can then download it from your games library.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (586 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you, I guess now I have to try and remember my old origin account, it appears I have two!
Message 3 of 4 (474 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Giffendulum,

If having two accounts is a problem, under certain circumstances two accounts can be "merged" into one. Please, take a look to this article on EA Help for more information: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-accounts-and-persona-transfers/

If you are interested, then you would need to talk to an EA adviser through EA Help.

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (463 Views)