Households crashing

by kokoniasta

Original Post

Households crashing

★★ Apprentice

After updating the game last night build mode works fine but when I wanted to load any of my households game crashed. 
i have 2015 MacBook Pro with the lates MacOs

Message 1 of 15 (811 Views)

Re: Households crashing

@kokoniasta

If you move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch the game so it is like new again, does it still happen with a new household?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 15 (782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It doesn't but how can i restore my saves?  (i've copied the folder to my desktop before clearing it out)

Before updating I've taken out all of my mods and te build&buy worked fine when i put them back in it was just the gameplay that didn't;t work

Message 3 of 15 (763 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, it will load the household and then take me back to Origin, it has done this since the update on Tuesday. I have taken out all my CC etc and done the folder thing. Nothing seems to be working.

Message 4 of 15 (756 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know that creators will have to update their CC or S4Studio will do the BatchFix soon but it's absurd that we can't play or load anything...;/ And i don't want to start from scratch I've already made a several generations of my sims Devil

Message 5 of 15 (749 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, and moving the folder to desktop and launch the new game doesn't help. Meaning: I can create a new household in the new game launch, but as soon as I start playing the new household the game crashes again. Everything was fine before the latest update.

Message 6 of 15 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@lisagotthard @kokoniasta @joshjammy 

• Have you tried repairing the game?
  • What Operating System and Graphics Card are you using?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 15 (670 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve repaired the game and when I load it it crashes after few minutes after “resetting it fresh”

o have newest Mac OS Catalina 

13” pro version 2015 with 16gb Ram and the standard graphics card

Message 8 of 15 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yep, tried all the troubleshooting steps in the read first! I.e., moved the folder out (no effect), repaired, restart, disable origin in game, etc. 
I have a 2012 Macbook Pro.

Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4000 1536 MB.

No cc or mods installed!

Message 9 of 15 (629 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. I have the same issue, I can't get into my households and have repaired,updated,etc. I have also taken out all of my mods and custom content. At first I thought it was my computer because it says something on Origin about The 32-bit mode, but my computer is a 64-bit PC and can run the Sims 4. I have never had this problem till after the recent update. I just wanted to get Discover University, but since I can't do any gameplay right now, then that won't happen. Can someone please help me. 
Message 10 of 15 (571 Views)