by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Holidays and weather not working. Seasons

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know how to see that but I bought it on March 20th and have already tried updating it.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Holiday Celebration, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: I think the only way is to have the game without seasons, add it and play the save you were using before you installed it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both weather and holidays don't work. I started in spring and now it's winter with no snow. I don't get notifications about holidays either and it has never affected my game. For example, it was the lottery yet when I tried to buy a ticket it never gave me an option. But when I hover over an apple tree it will tell me that they produce in the fall. But the calendar says it's winter but. I still get apples. It will say different temperatures but my sims are never affected. 
What do you expect to see? Weather and holidays actually working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Once I installed Seasons it only worked on a save file I made after to test it out thanks to this thread. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Holidays-and-events-not-occurring-disappearing-from-ca...

But even though it'll work in the new save, I wanna play my first family with the holidays and weather. I already tried updating my game and repairing it. I also ran first aid as well but it still doesn't work. How can I play my first family with Seasons actually working?

Message 1 of 9 (691 Views)

Re: Holidays and weather not working. Seasons

Hero
@Whispereon Going to move this to the mac forum as you are on a mac and not on Windows.

You will probably need to do a mac repair cause it's an expansion pack that's not working.

Folks here can help you better on how to do that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (652 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict  Sorry, thank you for moving it.

By mac repair do you mean paying for my mac to get fixed? Or is there something else I can do to fix it?

Message 3 of 9 (638 Views)

@Whispereon 

Repairing the game in Origin doesn't repair packs, it only repairs base game on Mac. You need to trash the pack folder and re-download it instead - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 9 (634 Views)

★★ Novice

So I went ahead and followed the instructions. I finished reinstalling the seasons and when I opened the game Valentine's day was in two days on the calendar. The next in-day game Valentines just suddenly disappeared. The plants are out of season so they aren't growing fruit (grapes). So it's almost summer and apparently there is supposed to be a storm. I'm gonna try to wait for that and see if it'll work and wait for the next holiday to see if it'll work as well.

Message 5 of 9 (593 Views)

★★ Novice

(Sorry for being so late about this)

I trashed it and then reinstalled it, this is what happened.

All the days would be cloudy even though the calendar would say it should be raining. I bought Dr. Junes weather machine and changed it to 'Cold' and bought the temperature changer for the house hoping to see something. Nothing happened even though I had reinstalled the pack twice at that point. It was 'Skill day' and when it turned 6 am it suddenly disappeared from the calendar. So there was no actual difference except that my sims changed into the 'cold' outfits when going into the backyard. 

I made another new save file. Again everything was working the way it SHOULD be (sims saying to put the temperature up, holiday notification, being able to participate in holidays).

So I thought of a different solution to this problem

Is there a way to make a new save with only one sim as a burner, merge my old save file with the newest save file, and delete the burner sim? If so will the sims I imported from the gallery and never actually played in my old file also be merged into this new save file? And will the sims I moved out from the old save file home that I put into the 'Not in world' also still appear in the new save file once merged? Will the relationships still be at the progress it was before merged as well? 

If that isn't possible, can I make a new save file and just basically copy and paste the old save into the new save? Kinda like when you want to take a save file from one computer to your newer one. If so how? The questions I asked before about gallery sims and 'Not in world' sims are still some questions I would like answers to in this situation as well.

And if both ideas will not work, what can I do?

Message 6 of 9 (458 Views)

@Whispereon

You can't merge save files into each other. If you want to save specific sims, save them to your Library. All items in your Library are saved in the Tray folder in the Sims 4 folder, independent of the save files.

Not all worlds have snow, the seasons are not identical in each world. I'm thinking you may be better off getting gameplay help in the General Discussion forum as others more familiar with live gameplay may be able to help you. This is the Mac tech forum which was initially the right place for your issue as repairing the game on Mac is different to Windows.

Let me know if you need any further Mac help with the game files (Saves, Tray, game installation etc.) and if not, I can move this to General Discussion Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (451 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, so I'm having the same trouble since I bought the Seasons pack which was on June 13th; the holidays disappear from the calendar and the weather doesn't change at all in any of the worlds. I've tried repairing the game from origin and also deleting the DownloadCache folder from my Mac but nothing has worked for me, can someone please help me on how to solve this?

Message 8 of 9 (324 Views)

@FVTS13

What was deleting the DownloadCache folder meant to do? Don't waste time following Windows instructions if you're on a Mac, we have a special tool to remove Origin cache and preference files - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Did you also try a new Sims 4 folder? Not just removing your saves or mods but a whole new TS4 folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (311 Views)