Hi!

by AR_CCRN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hi!

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased the origin access basic so I could play The Sims. I have a macbook pro with Catalina 10.15.4 and installed everything onto my laptop. It said when I purchased this that The Sims was available for PC and Mac. When I added the game into my library (I tried The Sims 3 and The Sims 4) to attempt to launch and play it says only available on origin access for windows and does not give me the option to launch the game or play. Then there is a link that says purchase for mac and I click it but it takes me back to my library and says "Included with Basic" and thats the most I've been able to do. I've looked in the help area and it says you should be able to with Mac and my brother has origin on his Mac and has been playing The Sims just fine. I'm so confused and cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't mind purchasing the game but it doesn't seem to even let me do that.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hi!

@AR_CCRN  Sims 3 doesn't run in Catalina, as in, there's no way to play on your Mac unless you install a second operating system (as in, Windows) on it, or install an earlier version of macOS on an external drive and boot into that when you want to play.  Let me know whether you're interested in more information about either of these options.

Sims 4 is available for and runs just fine in Catalina.  But Origin Access is Windows-only.  Even games with Mac versions aren't playable through Access.  So you'll need to buy a standalone copy of Sims 4, and possibly cancel your Access subscription too.  Here's a guide:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Origin-Access-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (369 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hi!

@AR_CCRN  Sims 3 doesn't run in Catalina, as in, there's no way to play on your Mac unless you install a second operating system (as in, Windows) on it, or install an earlier version of macOS on an external drive and boot into that when you want to play.  Let me know whether you're interested in more information about either of these options.

Sims 4 is available for and runs just fine in Catalina.  But Origin Access is Windows-only.  Even games with Mac versions aren't playable through Access.  So you'll need to buy a standalone copy of Sims 4, and possibly cancel your Access subscription too.  Here's a guide:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Origin-Access-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (370 Views)