Hi there! I've come across this issue but It could be

by kikilopez18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hi there! I've come across this issue but It could be

★★★★ Novice

Hi there! I've come across this issue, but it could be because I am doing something wrong, and maybe someone else has this issue. I am having issues installing Sims 3 Generations on my 64 bit version of Sims 3. I seemed to have installed it, but for the Sims 3 32 bit (which doesn't work on my computer. I have it downloaded but it didn't install, and a prompt never came up to install it either. My origin, under the Sims 3 64 bit, says I have 'new add-on content ready to install' so its clear that the download went through, I just dont know how to find the second step. 

I had an issue with downloading and installing expansions on my 64 bit, but I followed the helpful advice of turning off the Origin previews in my application settings, but turning it on and off this time doesn't seem to do trick. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or ways they solved this when they had this problem? Anything helps! Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 3 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hi there! I've come across this issue but It could be

@kikilopez18  When you tried to download Generations, did you see more than one entry for the pack?  I used see three, two of which had a Download button, although now there are only two.  One of the three only said "Details," and another supposedly pointed to the 32-bit download and wasn't supposed work when clicked, but perhaps it did work for you for whatever reason.

Point is, let me know how many times Generations appears in the expansion packs list, and if you have more than one Download button for it, try the one you didn't use before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: Hi there! I've come across this issue but It could be

★ Pro
Hey @kikilopez18,
try this.
Open Origin, right click the game icon, click show game details, click extra content, and look for add-ons.
Good Luck Beer
Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: Hi there! I've come across this issue but It could be

@kikilopez18  When you tried to download Generations, did you see more than one entry for the pack?  I used see three, two of which had a Download button, although now there are only two.  One of the three only said "Details," and another supposedly pointed to the 32-bit download and wasn't supposed work when clicked, but perhaps it did work for you for whatever reason.

Point is, let me know how many times Generations appears in the expansion packs list, and if you have more than one Download button for it, try the one you didn't use before.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (270 Views)