Re: Help?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help?

★★ Apprentice

I need advice about my sims 4 game. My sims game takes forever to load up and to go to different lots in game. and things are just overall slow in game sometimes which can make playing a hassle  I have tried everything online to make my sims game run faster. literally everything! 

So I talk to Apple customer service about a week ago and they told me to go to the Apple Store to put 16 GB of ram on my computer ( i have a macbook pro 2020 and my computer meets the required specs to play sims 4) because sometimes 8gb is not enough to run big programs like the sims 4.

So I decided to go to the Apple Store like they told me today and they said I can’t add more ram onto my computer because I have a newer model so basically my only choice is to get a new computer. 

does anybody know if spending the money for a new computer to have 16gb would even be worth it to play sims 4?  like will it really helps my game go faster or would it just be a waste of money? 

Message 1 of 9 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

@lovelenaa

Thanks. Your Mac is really underpowered and will always struggle to run the game at a reasonable standard due to the dual core i3 chip and integrated graphics. Changing the graphics options settings to the lowest possible in-game may help a little.

The number of mods is irrelevant, it's what the mods do in-game that counts.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (576 Views)

All Replies

Help?

★★ Apprentice

I need advice about my sims 4 game. My sims game takes forever to load up and to go to different lots in game. and things are just overall slow in game sometimes which can make playing a hassle  I have tried everything online to make my sims game run faster. literally everything! 

So I talk to Apple customer service about a week ago and they told me to go to the Apple Store to put 16 GB of ram on my computer ( i have a macbook pro 2020 and my computer meets the required specs to play sims 4) because sometimes 8gb is not enough to run big programs like the sims 4.

So I decided to go to the Apple Store like they told me today and they said I can’t add more ram onto my computer because I have a newer model so basically my only choice is to get a new computer. 

does anybody know if spending the money for a new computer to have 16gb would even be worth it to play sims 4?  like will it really helps my game go faster or would it just be a waste of money? 

Message 2 of 9 (651 Views)

★★★ Guide
@lovelenaa As for the load time, are you using mods or cc? That can slow the game down. Also, how much of the DLC do you have? That will also show it down - you can have the min requirement for a game, but the more content you, the more frames it produces and space it takes up, and so the slower it's going to run. You might need a better graphics card or more ram (8gb will not be enough if you plan to add dlc and forget about mods and cc).

Getting a new computer is really up to you. Do you want to spend more money just to play 1 game? Do you play other games? Mac computers are expensive and this one is fairly new, so maybe try a cheaper PC for gaming and save the MacBook for what you originally bought it for? There are a number of threads about PC gaming computers people want to buy - what specs they should look for etc. that might help you to decided.
Message 3 of 9 (622 Views)

@lovelenaa 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (611 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Model Name: MacBook Air 2020 

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i3

Processor Speed: 1.1 GHz

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Memory 8 GB 3733 Mhz LPDDR4X

Message 5 of 9 (590 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I use mods but I only have no more than 5 at a time because I don't want it go slower and yes I have DCL. I have most of the packs besides 2. That makes sense that I may need more ram or a better graphics not matter if my computer meets the required specs. Definitely something to think about because I don't know if the sims is worth buying a new computer. Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 9 (586 Views)

@lovelenaa

Thanks. Your Mac is really underpowered and will always struggle to run the game at a reasonable standard due to the dual core i3 chip and integrated graphics. Changing the graphics options settings to the lowest possible in-game may help a little.

The number of mods is irrelevant, it's what the mods do in-game that counts.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (577 Views)

★★ Apprentice

so the best option is to get a new graphics card

Message 8 of 9 (561 Views)

@lovelenaa

You can't upgrade any parts in the model Mac you have. The only Macs that have upgradeable graphics cards are the Mac Pro https://www.apple.com/uk/mac-pro/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (534 Views)