Help with sims 3, and origin game launching please![Mac]

by Brittanyanno

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Help with sims 3, and origin game launching please![Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I have a Macbook Air, and I just bought/downloaded/installed The Sims 3, and 6 expansion packs for it as well. Now, when i go to play the game the usual blue sims 3 launcher pops up, and the game symbol pops up on my dashboard but doesn't do much more. when i click play on the blue launcher it tells me game is already running, so i click on the game but it doesn't lauch and both the launcher and game just quit on me, or freeze. a few times a small box with the sim's diamond symbol popped up, looking like the game was trying to launch but it never did. I have also bought the sims 4 before this on origin and a few expansion packs, and that works as great as ever. However I like the sims 3 more and wish to play it especially since I bought all the expansion packs and what not. Anyone know what to do?

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Help with sims 3, and origin game launching please![Mac]

@Brittanyanno

Is it one of the MacBook Airs listed in this thread? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Help with sims 3, and origin game launching please![Mac]

@Brittanyanno

Is it one of the MacBook Airs listed in this thread? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)
Twitter Stream