Help! Sims 4 won't install on mac

by mollymaxie2473

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Installation Process won't work!

★★★ Newbie

I have the same proble and it's damn frustrating, especially with how damn expensive the game is. I talked to 4 different assistant from EA Games and everything they suggested didn't work.

Staples won't refund me for the game and with the code redeemed, nobody would buy it so now I'm stuck with a brand new useless game and not even someone who work for the company can help solve the issue.

Message 51 of 98 (2,241 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Installation Process won't work!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Please post the specs of your Mac and what version of the Mac OS you are running. Make sure you are updated to Yosemite as that solves many of the problems.

Have you tried doing a clean install of Origin? If not, follow these instructions.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.
- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

• Application Support (Origin)
  • Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)
  • Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)
  • Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 52 of 98 (2,232 Views)

Re: Help! Sims 4 won't install on mac

★★★ Newbie

EA customer support has recommended this method to me,

Open the "Spotlight" by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the desktop.
Type "Disk Utility" into the text field that appears.
Click on "Disk Utility" when it appears. This will open a new window.
Choose the Macintosh HD from the list of devices that will appear in the left margin of the new window.
Click on "Verify Disk Permissions".
After verifying permissions, click on "Repair Disk Permissions".
Verifying and Repairing Disk Permissions may take up to 30 minutes.
Run your game again after repairing disk permissions.

Hopefully that works for you!

Message 53 of 98 (2,218 Views)

★★ Novice

I can find that  Disk utiliity but no macontosh hd (Mind my spelling):catfrustrated:

Message 54 of 98 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie
still doesn't work for me, how annoying!!
Message 55 of 98 (2,096 Views)

Champion

"HD" in this case stands for "Hard Drive" which every computer has. 

Did you try to reinstall Origin using the instructions I posted earlier? What kind of Mac are you trying to install on?

Message 56 of 98 (2,091 Views)

★★ Novice

the installing button sometimes shows for a split second then disappearsConfusedmileysad:

I just wanna play sims. Origin should really fix this and not blame it on our computers!

Message 57 of 98 (2,082 Views)

Champion

You really should try a fresh install of Origin. Directions are posted below.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.

- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

Application Support (Origin)

Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)

Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)

Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

Also try repairing your permissions. You can find this:

Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions - Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Message 58 of 98 (2,070 Views)

★★ Novice

have you tryed it yet and has it worked because its not working for the most of us trying to play

Message 59 of 98 (2,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so if I up dated my computer do you think it would work?

Message 60 of 98 (2,058 Views)