★★★ Newbie
Bdnjdkdjsjd
Message 42 of 98 (6,839 Views)

Re: Help! Sims 4 won't install on mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the SAME problem!

I'm so angry.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've done everything listed previously, and it still won't work. I updated to Yosemite and re-downloaded Sims 4. When I click install, it flashes a progress bar for a second, then nothing happens. At the bottom of the page, it says "1 of 1 - Installation Complete (The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe)," but when I click on the game, the only option is "install." This is really pissing me off. I've had to sit through 3 separate 8 hour downloads of the game, then the 7 hour Yosemite installation, and I still can't play. What do I do?

@mollymaxie2473 wrote:

I've been trying to install sims 4 mac/pc download on my mac for a while. Whenever i click the orange 'Install' button, nothing happens at all. Sometimes if I click it alot of times a blue and white bar with text saying 'Installing' will appear for a second but go away. It downloaded fine, it just won't install. I've never had a problem with installing any other games. Help!!

Message 43 of 98 (6,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I TOTALLY FIGURED IT OUT! THERES A COMMENT ON PAGE ONE OR TWO OF THIS THREAD THAT TALKS ABOUT UNINSTALLING/REINSTALLING ORIGIN, DOING A CLEAN BOOT, THEN REPAIRING THE GAME AND REDOWNLOADING IT AND IT TOTALLY WORKED! DO THAT! 

....sorry for the caps. This has been a week long venture for me and I'm so glad to finally have it figured out!

Message 44 of 98 (6,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. i updated to yosemite and re-dpwnloaded the game too. now it's telling me "1 of 1- Installation Complete (The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe)", and when i click on the game it only gives the option to install. have you figured out how to fix this problem yet? i'm am getting so frustrated with this. i literally have no idea what else to do. i just want to play this game, it shouldn't be this hard. 

Message 45 of 98 (6,769 Views)

Hero

Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 98 (6,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same original problem. I followed the Uninstall/Re-install, Clean Reboot, etc. instructions and now I have a different problem: it now only gives the option to install when I click/hover over game box art/go to the game details menu even though it says "1 of 1 Installation Complete (The Sims 4)" at the bottom. Have been trying every single trick in this thread and still having no luck. I am getting immensely frustrated over this. I've waited months for the Mac release and now I've spent the last day and a half trying to play this game.

Possibly relevant details:

I am using Mac OS X, version 10.10 Yosemite

No I am not using Origin Beta

I've done: Clean Reboot, Re-installing Origin, downloaded the game twice, restarted the computer countless times, upgraded to OS X, and just about every single suggestion in this thread.

Help!!

Message 47 of 98 (6,752 Views)

Champion

Are you running any other programs when you try to install? If so, please make sure just to run Origin and see if it still "hangs".

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 48 of 98 (6,725 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as here, and did everything suggested previously. I have updated to Yosemite, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin twice, had to download the game twice (each time taking more than a full day to do so), and still it will not install. No, actually it takes a split second to try before saying "installation complete" and then telling me I still have to install. What do I do??

Message 49 of 98 (6,660 Views)

Champion

Please post the specs of your Mac and what version of the Mac OS you are running.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 50 of 98 (6,652 Views)