Re: Help! Sims 4 won't install on mac

by amberlie13

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You have to order the OS X Lion 10.7 from apple. I ordered mine for $19.99 earlier today and am waiting for the download link to be emailed to me. You can purchase at http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

That is what I did but I am not sure if there is another way. 

Message 31 of 98 (15,487 Views)

★★★ Novice
Did it work for you?
Message 32 of 98 (11,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't yet received the redemption code to download the software from Apple, but I will post tomorrow when I get it and install. 

Message 33 of 98 (11,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

You need to make sure you are running a Mac OS that can run the game. If you are running Snow Leopard, the game will not install or work at all. You need to be running 10.7 or higher. Some people have reported graphics problems with Mountain Lion (10.8) so it is best if you are running Maverick (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10). If you have access to the App Store, you should be able to upgrade to Yosemite for free. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 34 of 98 (11,142 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I updated my mac to Lion 10.7.5 and it works!! Now i can play.

Message 35 of 98 (11,121 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay awesome well Yosemite is installing as I type so wish me luck!
Message 36 of 98 (11,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sam exact thing is happening for me!!

Message 37 of 98 (10,860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know..SOOOOOO ANNOYINNG :Confusedmileymad:

@mollymaxie2473 wrote:

I've been trying to install sims 4 mac/pc download on my mac for a while. Whenever i click the orange 'Install' button, nothing happens at all. Sometimes if I click it alot of times a blue and white bar with text saying 'Installing' will appear for a second but go away. It downloaded fine, it just won't install. I've never had a problem with installing any other games. Help!!

Message 38 of 98 (10,774 Views)

★ Novice

thanks sooo much installing yosemite now then will my sims4 install because it downloaded fine

Message 39 of 98 (10,746 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done everything listed previously, and it still won't work. I updated to Yosemite and re-downloaded Sims 4. When I click install, it flashes a progress bar for a second, then nothing happens. At the bottom of the page, it says "1 of 1 - Installation Complete (The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe)," but when I click on the game, the only option is "install." This is really pissing me off. I've had to sit through 3 separate 8 hour downloads of the game, then the 7 hour Yosemite installation, and I still can't play. What do I do?

@mollymaxie2473 wrote:

I've been trying to install sims 4 mac/pc download on my mac for a while. Whenever i click the orange 'Install' button, nothing happens at all. Sometimes if I click it alot of times a blue and white bar with text saying 'Installing' will appear for a second but go away. It downloaded fine, it just won't install. I've never had a problem with installing any other games. Help!!

Message 40 of 98 (10,719 Views)