Help! Sims 3 will not work

by WritingBlissly

Original Post

Help! Sims 3 will not work

★★ Novice

Hello! I am a Macsimmer whose been living off of Sims 4 for the past half of a year, but not Sims 3 because it hasn't been working for so long. Every time I press on the game, the same logo goes into the underbar and it looks like the launcher will pop up but instead I get a notification saying "An unknown error has occurred." You don't understand how many times I have flushed my computer out and reinstalled the game and it still hasn't worked. I never see the launcher. I have a lot of game packs and stuff packs and therefore I have put a bit of money into this loved game, but it's failed me and I would love to get it working again finally. I have just reinstalled it and it, as usual, pops up with the "An Unknown Error has Occurred" notification. I am going to put a load of information down below and maybe someone can help.... I hope so...

About My Mac:

I have a MacBook Pro - mid 2012

My Processor is 2.5 GHz Intel core i5

The Memory says 4 BG 1600 MHz DDR3

The Graphics are Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Now I don't know what any of this means - the best I do with computers is finding viruses and cleaning them out. Technology is not my forte even though I am a college student.

About My Sims 3:

I have the Sims 3 file in my desktop and the only things inside are the sims 3 base game, Sims 3 Generations, Sims 3 High-end loft stuff, Sims 3 Pets, the Sims 3 read.me text, and the uninstaller. That is nothing else in the file. Is this normal? Sims 4 is full of different documents so it seems strange to me.

If you need anymore information, feel free to ask!

Message 1 of 2 (126 Views)

Re: Help! Sims 3 will not work

@WritingBlissly

Have you had a lot of viruses on your Mac? If so, have you completely wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS?

As for the Unknown Error message, please read this thread for instructions which may help - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sier...

What version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)