Have Sims 3 Starter Pack but can't find Late Night?

by kschoef

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Have Sims 3 Starter Pack but can't find Late Night?

★ Novice

I bought the Sims 3 Starter Pack (I have a Macbook Pro by the way) and it works just fine, but I can't figure out how to download the Late Night expansion pack with it. I'm sure there is a way to download everything I bought from the launcher, but I can't figure out how to do it. Some help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 13 (3,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Have Sims 3 Starter Pack but can't find Late Night?

@kschoef  You need to download Late Night (and High-End Loft Stuff, which you'll also own) from Origin, not the launcher.  Go to My Game Library, click on the TS3 logo, and select More, and then Expansion Packs from the dropdown menu.  (HELS will be listed under Stuff Packs.)  You'll see all the packs listed, with the option to download those that you own.

Since you're on a mac, when you install Late Night, you'll need to create an alias for the pack, as it probably won't already have one in Applications.  This is simple enough—just follow the instructions in this guide:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (3,337 Views)

All Replies

@kschoef  You need to download Late Night (and High-End Loft Stuff, which you'll also own) from Origin, not the launcher.  Go to My Game Library, click on the TS3 logo, and select More, and then Expansion Packs from the dropdown menu.  (HELS will be listed under Stuff Packs.)  You'll see all the packs listed, with the option to download those that you own.

Since you're on a mac, when you install Late Night, you'll need to create an alias for the pack, as it probably won't already have one in Applications.  This is simple enough—just follow the instructions in this guide:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Message 2 of 13 (3,338 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I was able to do it Standard smile

Message 3 of 13 (3,326 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, but when I go to my Game Library, click on The Sims 3 then go to Expansion Packs, I can't find the download button for Late Night, the same goes for High-end Loft Stuff. It says I've unlocked the pack, but there is no download button. The download button is there for every other game but the ones included in the Starter Pack. I'm not on a mac, and if you could help me with this issue, it would be great.

Message 4 of 13 (2,543 Views)

@AllieKristina  Do you have multiple copies of Late Night listed, and if so, do any of them have a Download button?  Please also make sure the pack didn't install along with the base game.  That hasn't been the case, but it's possible Origin changed how it handled LN when someone owns the Starter Pack.

Message 5 of 13 (2,528 Views)

★★ Novice

There are only two listed for Late Night. All the other games have 3. Late Night didn't install at all. I don't have Bridgeport, or any objects, clothing, lots, and everything else from Late Night. I have the starter pack through my Play Membership on Origin, which I didn't renew right away so everything included in the membership expired but Late Night was still installed. I didn't play The Sims 3 when I didn't have my membership, but when I did renew my membership, Late Night was gone so I uninstalled all the games, but that didn't fix my problem.

Message 6 of 13 (2,513 Views)

Community Manager
Hi there @AllieKristina

I took a look at your account on our side to see if I could find what the issue was and believe we've isolated and resolved it.

Can you try grabbing the High End Loft stuff and Late Night pack again through your EA Play membership please and let me know if that resolves this for you?
EACade
Message 7 of 13 (2,500 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, there is no change. There's still only two listings for High End Loft stuff and Late Night pack, none of them have the download button. The games aren't there in the extra content when I try to install The Sims 3 again either. But I did notice one change. When I searched up The Sims 3, there used to be 3 results for the game, the 64-bit & Metal one for mac users, the regular one, and the one with the play logo in the corner. The Play one has disappeared, I also couldn't access that one when I renewed my membership.

Message 8 of 13 (2,490 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @AllieKristina,

Gotcha, it appears that something has gone awry when you renewed your EA Play membership. You'll want to reach out to an advisor here http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or on Twitter at @EAHelp if that's more convenient so we can verify your account ownership and then get this sorted out for you.

Unfortunately that's not something we can assist with over Answers HQ.
EACade
Message 9 of 13 (2,481 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for finding out what the issue is.

Message 10 of 13 (2,474 Views)