Re: Has Error code 12 been experienced by anyone (64-bit)? Is it now fixed for g

by Darrlia

Original Post

Has Error code 12 been experienced by anyone (64-bit)? Is it now fixed for good?

★ Apprentice

Hello,

With the newest 64-bit upgrade, the Sims 3 can now use more RAM.

I personally can play Sims 3 to its full potential. I got no crash whatsoever loading my previous saves and playing for a few weeks in Sims time.

Have you experienced Error code 12 in your biggest old saves, in big worlds like Isla Paradiso, or even a custom huge world with lots of CC?

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Re: Has Error code 12 been experienced by anyone (64-bit)? Is it now fixed for g

@Darrlia  I haven't seen an Error 12, and I haven't read any reports of it.  I tested a new save with NRaas StoryProgression running on the fastest speed and saw the game intermittently use over 4 GB RAM, so that at least doesn't seem to be a limit anymore.  Error 12 is an out of resources condition though, so it's theoretically possible it could still show up for other reasons.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

★ Apprentice

The fact that this error might be officially fixed is still hard to believe.

PC players, on the other hand: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648012

It's up to EA to eventually please all players around the world, maybe at some point in the future.

But this first step towards improving the Sims 3 gameplay is huge, especially after all these years!

I came across this reply on the old thread and it is so much relatable:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9644364/highl...

@ModestPixelswrote:

I love how you're keeping everyone up to date and being as transparent as you can. I reallyyyy hope there is a Windows 64bit version in the making (not giving up on that). It would only make sense in this day and age since The Sims 3 is still very popular among players (me included). Even if not with this Mac Os update maybe later next year. It is really needed to make the game run better and not crash when it doesn't have any more memory.

This is the reason my game crashes or gives Error 12 when trying to save eventually. It's due to having so many mods which improve the gameplay and add so much stuff to the game that it makes it much and much more enjoyable and ReShade. If I play in large worlds with all my CC the game will eventually crash at some point and that's just unnecessary with the 32GB of Ram that I have. Everything computer building related I ever did in my life was to make The Sims run at it's best.

So now after 20 years of playing and sticking to The Sims 3 since Sims 4 is not something I'm interested in it's very very sad to see that my PC that I could finally build after 15/17 years of playing the game is all for nothing because now the game can't keep up with my pc. It's a sad world :P. No, but seriously it's everything I've ever wanted for The Sims 3. A 64bit Windows version and I wouldnt see why not since it is something that is very much needed for now en very future proof!

Even if Windows still supports 32bit applications, how long will that be? And even if they keep on supporting it... yes The Sims 3 is running on Windows but that's about it... So really begging and I know a lot of people want it. We actually talk about it a lot in The Sims 3 community.. Please bring out a The Sims 3 64bit application for windows.. I mean while you're at it, why not? It will definitely only increase sales since a lot of people are coming back to The Sims 3. Thank you for everything and for even considering. It is after all a very old game which doesn't get any more updates etc. Just know we are very appreciative.

Pfffieeuww got that off my chest :D

P.S: Would be very cool if all the mods and CC we already own would work for the 64bit version. Just saying :P

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)