GraphicsRules.srg File Missing Sims 4 Mac

by teigndom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GraphicsRules.srg File Missing Sims 4 Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi guys,

So I keep having issues with the black box shadow thing that appears under my Sims when they are indoors.

I found some super helpful tips about going into your GraphicsRules.srg file and change the SSAO stuff there.This worked for me most of the times.

However, today I wanted to check whether the problem with the SSAO coding was acting up again, so I completed all the steps to get to the GraphicsRules file, but it's not there.

I've done the exact same thing I've done hundreds of times but the file just seems to have disappeared since the last update.

Any idea where it could be/how I could get it back without losing all my saves?

Thanks!

Edit:

After having had my game on pause for a while the black boxes have now suddenly disappeared, but after turning the camera view around a few times they simply returned again.

So any idea what could be the problem here? Because now it just seems to occur at random and in some spots the problem seems to be worse than others (also completely at random).

Message 1 of 3 (1,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GraphicsRules.srg File Missing Sims 4 Mac

@teigndom

The GraphicsRules.sgr file is now in the Resources folder within the app - /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (990 Views)

All Replies

@teigndom

The GraphicsRules.sgr file is now in the Resources folder within the app - /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (991 Views)

★ Novice

Found it! Thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 3 (959 Views)