Graphics Sims 3 64 bits

by indrabrahamsz

Original Post

Graphics Sims 3 64 bits

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me. I want to play Sims 3 (64 bits), but it keeps flickering. After I have chosen a family it will start charging. There it starts to flicker and eventually crashes. Someone told me that sims 3 doesn't support my graphics. Can someone help me? Do I have the right graphics and if not, how can I fix this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Message 1 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: Graphics Sims 3 64 bits

@indrabrahamsz  64-bit Sims 3 does support your graphics, but performance isn't always very good.  One thing you can try is putting lighting and tree detail on their lowest settings.  Then test in Sunset Valley to see whether it helps.  If that doesn't help, turn down all the graphics settings, test again, and if the game runs okay, you can start turning them up again to see which ones cause problems.  When you're changing settings, be sure to do so at the Main Menu, then quit to desktop before loading a save, or you may see some very strange graphics glitches.

I have seen a few reports of some very strange graphics issues from players with your particular family of graphics chips.  But those reports were all several months ago, so it's possible that an update to Big Sur resolved the problem.  Still, if the above doesn't help, please let me know what OS build you're using.  It's listed under About This Mac with the other system info.

The Pets expansion also doesn't run well on Intel graphics chips, so if you have it, you may need to uninstall it.  But please try the above first.

And just so you know, you can't upgrade the internal components on your laptop.  In theory, you could get an external GPU, but those don't always work as well as advertised.  Besides, standalone graphics cards are almost impossible to buy from traditional stores right now, so if you did want one, you'd have to pay several hundred dollars or the equivalent over MSRP to a scalper.  It's really not a good option and probably won't be for another year.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)