Graphics Sims 3 64 bit

by isabellatyl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphics Sims 3 64 bit

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm just wondering if my graphics card works with the sims 3 64 bit, but I'm not all that technical so I don't really know how to know if it works. Here is my info. And if doesn't work, could I possibly get some recommendations on how to improve/fix it? Thank you! Standard smile

Processor 2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

Display 13.3 in 2560 x 1600 Built-in Retina 

Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics Sims 3 64 bit

@isabellatyl  Your graphics chip is a bit below the minimum requirement for the 64-bit version.  That doesn't necessarily mean you can't play, but you might need to make compromises.  Most obviously, the Pets expansion often doesn't run well on this graphics chip, to the point where many players need to uninstall Pets entirely.

You laptop can't be upgraded either, unless you want to spend an outrageous amount of money on a standalone graphics card and a few hundred more for an external GPU enclosure.  (Please don't do that just for Sims 3.)  Most Macs can't be upgraded at all, other than adding RAM to a 27" iMac.

If you want to try the game, the "Starter Pack" available in Origin includes one expansion and one stuff pack, and the EP seems to run fine for almost everyone.  Stuff packs don't really have much of an impact.  If the game doesn't run well enough to meet your standards, you can request a refund from EA within 24 hours of launching it, provided it's also been fewer than 14 days since you bought it.  If it does run fine, you can try adding packs one at a time, although again I'd skip Pets entirely.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

All Replies

@isabellatyl  Your graphics chip is a bit below the minimum requirement for the 64-bit version.  That doesn't necessarily mean you can't play, but you might need to make compromises.  Most obviously, the Pets expansion often doesn't run well on this graphics chip, to the point where many players need to uninstall Pets entirely.

You laptop can't be upgraded either, unless you want to spend an outrageous amount of money on a standalone graphics card and a few hundred more for an external GPU enclosure.  (Please don't do that just for Sims 3.)  Most Macs can't be upgraded at all, other than adding RAM to a 27" iMac.

If you want to try the game, the "Starter Pack" available in Origin includes one expansion and one stuff pack, and the EP seems to run fine for almost everyone.  Stuff packs don't really have much of an impact.  If the game doesn't run well enough to meet your standards, you can request a refund from EA within 24 hours of launching it, provided it's also been fewer than 14 days since you bought it.  If it does run fine, you can try adding packs one at a time, although again I'd skip Pets entirely.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your input, I've had the game since 2012 so I was really excited about this 64-bit version of the game. So far my game only crashes when it's in full screen and I haven't experienced many problems when it's in window mode, but it's a compromise I can deal with. 

Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)