Graphics Glitch

by livsk20

Original Post

Graphics Glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for Snowy Escape, all game packs except for Batuu, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness stuff, Perfect patio, Romantic garden, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have uploaded a photo of the glitch, it doesn't have any obvious reproducibility, appears completely random
What happens when the bug occurs? the graphics glitch into weird colours every few seconds and then go back to normal but it's very jarring
What do you expect to see? normal graphics.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch

My game graphics have been glitching ever since the patch update - I've attached a picture, it will glitch into that and out randomly every couple of seconds. Doesn't seem to be any particular triggers, will happen if I'm not doing anything or sometimes when i press random buttons.

I play on a 2020 Macbook air. No mods or cc ever installed. I have repaired the game several times with no effect. I tried the -nosound trick in case it was linked to whatever is causing the game to crash but the game still glitches. Has anyone had this happen with them and what did you do to fix it? My game is literally unplayable.

Message 1 of 10 (702 Views)

Re: Graphics Glitch

Hero
@livsk20 Could you add the picture by uploading it with the picture icon in the icon bar ?

Somehow the pic didn't attach

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (682 Views)

★★ Novice

IMG_FC2961CC0B5F-1.jpegdid this work?

Message 3 of 10 (661 Views)

★ Guide
@livsk20 I'd say this was a hardware issue - graphics interface not set right for your game, or maybe even finding the whole thing too heavy for it. I don't think it's a bug in the game itself. Maybe post in the Technical Issues section
Message 4 of 10 (659 Views)

★★ Novice

It's been working fine for the past half a year though? I haven't changed any of the graphics recently, just downgraded them right at the beginning to make sure my laptop could cope, and the graphics only started playing up after the last patch.

Message 5 of 10 (656 Views)

★★ Novice

would the new patch have increased demand to the point where my laptop couldn't cope with the graphics setting?

Message 6 of 10 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@livsk20It could do, or your laptop is getting older and creakier, like we all do and the patch was the last straw :D But in my bones I feel as if even if it's all the game's fault, it's still a technical thing rather than a bug in the gameplaying itself.

Message 7 of 10 (652 Views)

@livsk20 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

There have been several posts now from users with your model Mac, I'm assuming it's an Intel MBA and not one of the new M1 chip ones? Try repairing the game and if that doesn't solve it, trash the Options.ini file in the Sims 4 folder to reset the in-game graphics options.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 10 (632 Views)

★★ Novice

macOS Big Sur, version 11.0.1

Macbook air (retina, 13 inch, 2020)

Processor 1.1 GHz Quad Core Intel core i5

Memory 8GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

I have repaired the game, uninstalled and reinstalled and set graphics to the lowest possible option, which has minimised the glitching to very occasionally, but it was running fine with "medium" graphics before Frown I will try your suggestion because i would like to increase the graphics if possible! 

Message 9 of 10 (617 Views)

@livsk20

Try a new Sims 4 folder too, see if that helps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 10 (612 Views)