Original Post

Highlighted

Graphical glitch on Macs running Catalina with AMD graphics card

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs (except Realm of Magic), Bowling night stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Seems be affect Macs with dedicated AMD graphics card running Catalina with lighting quality set to medium, high or extra high.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rows of shadow lines appear on floor tiles, foundations and various objects in full sunlight both indoors and outside. The lines are dynamic and move, grow larger as the camera is moved and zoomed in and out. In some instances the lines only appear when zoomed out. Shadows have jagged edges. I have been told this graphical glitch is possibly artifacting after speaking to another Mac user (with a radeon graphics card) with the same issue.
What do you expect to see? No lines
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after the pre university patch 1.58.63.1210 11th November 2019

My specs:

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

macOS Catalina v. 10.15.2

01-24-20_3:22:57 PM.png01-24-20_3:23:53 PM.png

01-24-20_3:23:49 PM.png01-24-20_3:30:54 PM.png01-24-20_4:07:27 PM.png

01-24-20_3:26:19 PM.png

01-24-20_3:36:26 PM.png

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Graphical glitch (artifacting) on Macs with Radeon graphics card

★★ Guide
@Hephaestion02 I believe you might get a better answer in technical section. So when the mods see it please move to the correct place

It is so hard to determine if graphics glitchs are the result of game code, graphic card or monitor or driver issue, plus all computers are not the same which makes it even harder.
Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)
Twitter Stream