by Jyostna

Original Post

Sims 4 Panel Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MacBook Air, Catalina
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration,Vampires, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous. Realm of Magic, and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I wish I could tell you
What happens when the bug occurs? When I play a sim, the panel starts glitching and flashing white lines across it(glitching) and it only happens in the sim panel the rest of the screen is fine and sometimes voices sound like when audio is playing from a wet device
What do you expect to see? For my screen to not freak out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the latest update for the game

Message 40 of 109 (1,043 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Panel Glitch

★★ Guide
@minjoonenrose Can you try disabling Edge Smoothing in the game options? Some players have reported that this is a viable workaround, though in a few cases it has also made the actual Sim part of the game drop to a lower resolution.
Message 41 of 109 (1,024 Views)

Sims4 Game Screen Glitching after Nov. 12 Patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I’m a Mac user and a mod/cc user in the Sims4. My game updated with the newest patch on Nov. 12th. When I opened my game my latest save was crazy glitchy. It was blinking and the screen was shifting and jumping and in the upper right corner would flash this rainbow prism that would get randomly get bigger and smaller. I took out all my mods and cc and opened a new save and the glitching would still continue, but a lot less severely. Even with my game running without mods or cc, and even after repairing the game and restoring it to factory settings and setting my game options to the lowest graphics quality, my games screen is still glitching and doing really weird things with the UI after running it for a little while.

I’m playing on a MacBook Pro OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (13 inch, mid 2012). A 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor. 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory. Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I don’t know what to do next in hopes of getting my game back to normal. Please help!!

Message 42 of 109 (1,024 Views)

Re: Sims4 Game Screen Glitching after Nov. 12 Patch

@carrdelany  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 Mac section.  Please list the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Does your game look anything like what's described in this thread?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Glitchy-lines-across-lower-part-of-game-screen/td-p/8...

(Some of the posts have screenshots attached.)  If so, please try the suggestions mentioned, and your post might get merged into the thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 109 (1,004 Views)

Re: Sims4 Game Screen Glitching after Nov. 12 Patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I’ve updated with my system information 

And yes the problems described in the thread are the problems happening to me as well

Message 44 of 109 (984 Views)

Maxis Monthly broke my Sims 4

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, University, vampires, movie stuff, and spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know? It happened after you guys released the Maxis Monthly update.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen keeps glitching and looks like it’s broken but when I exit the game it’s fine.
What do you expect to see? My screen fixed!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after I updated my game for Maxis Monthly.

The game doesn’t run properly anymore. 

Message 45 of 109 (1,004 Views)

Re: Maxis Monthly broke my Sims 4

★★★★ Novice
@aubbirue Have you tried repairing the game through Origin?
Message 46 of 109 (1,061 Views)

Re: Glitchy lines across lower part of game screen

★★ Novice

I've had the exact same issue ever since the update and downloading Sims 4 Discover University. 

The game has that flickering at the bottom of the screen which sometimes goes to the middle of the screen, it's very slow and laggy. I've changed my edge settings and its worse when its anything but off but then my game looks completely blurry and unfocused and the gameplay is terrible. I'm so frustrated because literally 5 days ago I was playing and everything was functioning fine on even high settings. 

Mac Specs:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 

2.2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics : 

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Please help. I'm so upset. I just spent $50 on an expansion I can't play, not to mention that I own all the packs which cost so much money and I can't seem to play anymore! 

Message 47 of 109 (1,041 Views)

Re: Glitchy lines across lower part of game screen

@carrdelany  Great, thanks for the info.  I've merged your post with the master thread.  It looks like turning down or disabling Edge Smoothing helps; you can skim through for other suggestions if that doesn't help.  And feedback either way would be great.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 48 of 109 (1,029 Views)

Re: Maxis Monthly broke my Sims 4

Hero
@aubbirue I merged your post with the current Mac thread on this. Please read the thread for what info is needed and for any potential solutions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 109 (1,008 Views)