Re: Games won't show up on Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games won't show up on Origin

★ Apprentice

I've been playing Sims 4 for almost two years now with no problems. I just recently bought Sims 4 Seasons and tried to download it but Origin told me that I needed to download the base game first. I was still able to play Sims 4, but updating/downloading through Origin was not working. I tried uninstalling Sims 4 to see if it would work if I reinstalled it, but when I attempted to reinstall it, it failed every time.Now I can't play Sims at all. I contacted EA support and was told to try different things, one was install a resetOrigin tool which I did and used it before the conversation was cut off and I couldn't complete the troubleshoot. After I used that tool, I reset Origin and now Origin will not show any of my games. I've been told that the issue is with Origin and mac and that I am not the only one who has been having problems. I was also told that it was unknown when everything would be back to normal. I do not know if there is anything that I can do to fix any of the problems I've been having for the past few days, but I was wondering who all has had similar problems and if they have been able to do anything to fix it? Or if they've been told what is going on or how long before it's suppose to be fixed? It's been driving me crazy because I bought Seasons on impulse and I really shouldn't have because it was $40 that I really don't have, but since I loved the game so much I decided to just do it. Now I've spend $40 on a game that I can't play and I don't know when I'll be able to play it. 

Message 1 of 2 (828 Views)

Accepted Solution

@3M3R13

Yes, it is currently an issue which EA are aware of and are working on a patch. Please see this thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6962251#M13438

It is affecting Yosemite users so if you can upgrade to Sierra/High Sierra that will fix the issue for you before EA release a patch.

Locking this (so many threads on this issue) but please feel free to post in the linked thread if you feel you need to Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (807 Views)

All Replies

@3M3R13

Yes, it is currently an issue which EA are aware of and are working on a patch. Please see this thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6962251#M13438

It is affecting Yosemite users so if you can upgrade to Sierra/High Sierra that will fix the issue for you before EA release a patch.

Locking this (so many threads on this issue) but please feel free to post in the linked thread if you feel you need to Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (808 Views)