Games SIMS3 OR SIMS4 will not start after using helper tool

by angfr888

Original Post

Games SIMS3 OR SIMS4 will not start after using helper tool

★ Novice

I really hope this is not as useless as it sounds. i installed the origin helper tool and at first the gliches were small and not really noticable.  then my Sim began going to work naked.  i was again promted to use the helper tool and i did and the gliches escalated to sims being unable to move, still going out naked, unable to save the game, unable to travel and not sleeping.  the EA chat tech told me to uninstall and reinstall origin i did and now SIMS3 wont even open.  from the brginnng SIMS4 would not play.  this is all on my MAC.

Someone please help this is really getting discouraging.  I really miss the EA hotline.

Message 1 of 5 (1,134 Views)

Re: Games SIMS3 OR SIMS4 will not start after using helper tool

@angfr888

Are you referring to to something similar to this:

Origin Permissions

If so then you must be getting it every time there's an Origin update. It's a security feature built into OS X asking for your permission to allow Origin to install a helper tool in your system files. 

Do you play with Mods/CC? If so have you removed them to see if the game then plays properly?

How did you uninstall Origin? Please can you try the Origin reset tool - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (1,098 Views)

★ Novice

I have no idea what Mods/CC are or is.

Anyway the Sims4 game gave me an option to repair the game i tried it and now it runs. Yeahhhh!

But Sims3 still has issues.

The tech told me just to drop it in the trash but i used the uninstall tool in the file.  I didn't believe that dropping the file in the trash would uninstall the program.

Message 3 of 5 (1,091 Views)

SIMS3won't uninstall , Origin says it is there Game still won't start.

★ Novice

Okay I have no idea what i am doing wrong but nothing has restored mySIMS3 game. It stillwillnot start.  I even tried taking everything off my MAC including origin but all that did was nothing. Somehow the base game is still installed or origin says it is and so is Into the future.  Everything else is not there. I pulled everything into the trash and emptied the trash but this two parts of the game say they are still installed. i am so past ready to just go back to windows. Can anybody help me??? My name should be totally frustrated.

I did try some of the suggestions from the forum and other posts but i am still unable to do more than I described.  

the patch won't let me install it to the directory for Sims just in the applications folder. audit will not install from there.. as i said before all of this started with that stupid helper tool the game played worse if i didn't install it so i did and each time it would come up i installed it until finally there were to many glitches to want to play the game. The chat techs were no help they just got me to the point where i can't start the game.  there is a memory problem so i did try freeing up as much as i could but it did not seem to help. There is enough memory i will have to add more later. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]

@angfr888

CC and Mods are 3rd party content which you can add to the game. You probably don't have any if you have no idea what it is.

No, dragging it to the trash doesn't uninstall it, that's really poor advice...

To properly uninstall Sims 3 you have to use the Uninstaller in Applications > The Sims 3 and then delete the residual files which are left behind.

That's great that Repair game worked for Sims 4.

EDIT - I've merged your other thread into this one. You don't need to start a new post for the same issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (1,086 Views)