Game won't place objects in build mode

by ih8sushi

Original Post

Re: Game won't place objects in build mode

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Got this fixed so I am sharing it with others. After a bit of sniffing around I found out the solution to this problem. So, removing your sims to launch another fresh game wasn't the problem because the fresh copy of the game was still acting up so this lead me to believe that the original files must be corrupted somehow. Someone asked me to repair the game with a fresh copy first (through the origin dashboard) to see if it worked and it did. Then I tested it on my original sims folder and selected repair game and it worked again. Tested it on the install on my spouses machine it worked as well as 3 of my other friends who were all having similar issues. Problem solved. If anyone is having these issues with certain objects not displaying - repair the game through the Origin console by selecting the game 'Sims 4' then clicking the little 'cog' icon, and select repair. This will fix any corrupted files without loosing any of the progress you made in the game.
Message 11 of 22 (19,166 Views)

@ih8sushi

Yep, repairing the game should never be underestimated Standard smile That also confirms the issue is with the base game installation and not pack specific.

Thanks for sharing!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 22 (6,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ih8sushi I just started having this issue! I can buy 1 item from build mode, then the rest will just disappear! Then I have to go into play mode & back into build mode in order to get another item. I have repaired this game idk how many times! Idk what else to do! It doesn't even give me an option to update my game. Since I have started playing, there has been so update!
Message 13 of 22 (6,068 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes just started having the same issue- have tried repair but no change Frown

Message 14 of 22 (4,551 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this issue the other day. I loaded up an old save file and it let me place items. I then went back into my glitched save file and it magically allowed me to place items again. This all started happening after I placed some lots I downloaded from the gallery. Unsure if that had anything to do with it.

Message 15 of 22 (3,998 Views)

@abc700345295

Could you provide the creator and name of these lots you downloaded? There have been issues with some gallery lots since the December patch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 22 (3,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am also having this issue even after repairing my game, deleting cache files, taking out mods, and just about everything I can think of. When I go to place objects, they vanish. I thought it was only happening on community lots at first but now it's happening even in my Sims home, rendering the game almost completely unplayable. However, I am on PC.

Message 17 of 22 (3,256 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@omgwtfitszee I have also tried all the methods you have and have had no success.
I haven’t downloaded anything from the gallery and I don’t use mods. Just base game and expansions.
I only had this issue after updating the game.
Message 18 of 22 (3,229 Views)

@omgwtfitszee @Disgrace1994 Is this happening with a particular object? Or in a particular lot type?

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 19 of 22 (3,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I CANT EVEN SEE THE OPTIONS TO PLACE OR REMOVE ITEMS POP UP IN BUILD MODE 

Message 20 of 22 (1,774 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help