by KaylaaFreeman

Original Post

Game won't open

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure because game won't open
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the game in origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I open origin and click on the sims 4, the tab opens up but never loads. This has happened once before and it started working again about an hour later but it hasn't worked in like 2 days now. I've tried restarting origin, repairing the game, and uninstalling then redownloading the game, but it still doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? The game to open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure because game won't open
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the game in origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I open origin and click on the sims 4, the tab opens up but never loads. This has happened once before and it started working again about an hour later but it hasn't worked in like 2 days now. I've tried restarting origin, repairing the game, and uninstalling then redownloading the game, but it still doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? The game to open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Game won't open

Game Changer

@KaylaaFreemanSorry you are having trouble with your game. Please review the steps in this thread.

Troubleshooting your game

Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: Game won't open

@KaylaaFreeman

Disable Origin in-game and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, run the Origin reset tool, that may help. If you're still stuck, move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and see if you can launch a brand new game. Let me know how you get on Standard smile

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help