by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Game won't open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure because game won't open
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the game in origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I open origin and click on the sims 4, the tab opens up but never loads. This has happened once before and it started working again about an hour later but it hasn't worked in like 2 days now. I've tried restarting origin, repairing the game, and uninstalling then redownloading the game, but it still doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? The game to open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure because game won't open
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the game in origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I open origin and click on the sims 4, the tab opens up but never loads. This has happened once before and it started working again about an hour later but it hasn't worked in like 2 days now. I've tried restarting origin, repairing the game, and uninstalling then redownloading the game, but it still doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? The game to open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

Re: Game won't open

Champion (Retired)

@KaylaaFreemanSorry you are having trouble with your game. Please review the steps in this thread.

Troubleshooting your game

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Game won't open

@KaylaaFreeman

Disable Origin in-game and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, run the Origin reset tool, that may help. If you're still stuck, move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and see if you can launch a brand new game. Let me know how you get on Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (309 Views)