Game won’t load

by Mkbriges

Original Post

Game won’t load

★★★ Newbie

My game won’t finish loading. I played last night and everything was fine. Today I updated the game with the new patch that just came out and now it gets to the loading screen with hints and tips and then poof it’s gone! Anyone else having this problem after updating today

Message 1 of 7 (517 Views)

Re: Game won’t load

@Mkbriges

Move your entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch your game - does it work?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (470 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★ Novice

I'm also having a similar issue on my mac. I just updated everything & can't get past the initial Sims 4 load screen without the game crashing. Running MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 for reference. I'll keep poking around the forums for help and then I'll try repairing my game if I can't find anything. 

Message 3 of 7 (478 Views)

★★ Novice
@neonnerd1313 and I don't use any mods or CC
Message 4 of 7 (478 Views)

Re: Game won’t load

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue - my game won't load past the initial Sims 4 load screen. Tried moving the Sims 4 folder onto my desktop, but no luck. Game still crashed same spot

Message 5 of 7 (452 Views)

@neonnerd1313

No need to spam multiple posts with your issue, especially if it is in a thread that is for a different issue. I've merged all of them into this one.

Have you repaired your game? Run the Origin reset tool? https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 7 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hey @neonnerd1313, @Mkbriges, how are things going with your games? Are you still having issues to launch The Sims 4?

Message 7 of 7 (382 Views)