Game unplayable after exiting build mode

by pwal93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game unplayable after exiting build mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I'm hoping I can get some advice on this.

After the new patch update that goes with Eco Lifestyle (which I don't own, for clarification), I haven't been able to play my game.

First, it was glitchy as all hell when I tried to do anything. Sims that had previously had jobs were suddenly unemployed, moodlets had no icons, I couldn't switch between Sims, and Sims weren't following my directives. You get the picture - complete mess.

I play with a fair few mods so my first self-guided solution was to go and update all my mods that were updateable post patch update, and delete the rest. I also moved the Mods folder to the desktop, and then trashed the localthumbcache.package file in the Sims 4 folder.

There was a significant difference in gameplay, but with only one exception (that I can decipher, given the limited capacity to play through): when I go into build mode within a household, I can't get back into live mode once I'm done. It provides me with no information bar, and I can't get into any menu or even go back into build mode. I always end up having to Force Quit the game. This means I can't save, which you can imagine is very frustrating. I've attached a screenshot of this, if it helps any of you figure out the issue.

I feel like there might be a glaringly obvious solution but I'm a casual Sims player so my knowledge of troubleshooting the game is lacking. I just bought Tiny Living on sale as a birthday gift to myself so I'd really like to actually play this stuff pack.

Any help is welcome! Thank you in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game unplayable after exiting build mode

★★ Novice

I started the game without mods, deleted the cache, and then exited and restarted with mods once more - that seemed to do the trick!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (673 Views)

All Replies

@pwal93

Seems like a Mod is still installed or cached somewhere. Try repairing your game now you've moved out the Mods folder and trash the localthumbcache again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (694 Views)

★★ Novice

I started the game without mods, deleted the cache, and then exited and restarted with mods once more - that seemed to do the trick!

Message 3 of 3 (674 Views)