Re: Game play keeps getting wiped Sims 4

by keelypaige22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game play keeps getting wiped Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Hi I played sims 4 last night, saved my game and then "Saved as" my game. Then when I came on to play again this morning everything was wiped! All my sims were saved in my gallery, but they have none of the skills or careers that I built up. This is the second time it has happened, whenever I exit the game and then come back to the game, everything has been wiped and I have to start new.

When I used to play the game, there was a "load games" action on the main screen, but now there is only a play button for me and that just always makes me start all over again.

So sick of having my sims continuously wiped Frown 

I've attached photos of what I mean, what my main screen looks like, how it keeps going to create a sim and how it says I have no households. 

Message 1 of 10 (811 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@keelypaige22  Yes, you found exactly the right info.  And it shows the issue: your saves are in your iCloud drive, not stored locally on your computer.  First, disable iCloud's automatic syncing of Documents:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Don't sign out of iCloud entirely, at least not yet.  First, drag your Sims 4 folder out of iCloud drive and onto your desktop, so you have access to it even without iCloud enabled.  If you have more than one folder there, look for the one that has all the saves from your previous screenshot—that's the one you want to grab.

Now go into Documents\Electronic Arts and delete the Sims 4 folder that's already there.  (If you have any new content you want to save, you can rename this folder instead of just trashing it.)  Put the Sims 4 folder on your desktop inside the Electronic Arts folder instead.  Make sure it's simply labeled "The Sims 4" and not "The Sims 4 copy" or something else.  Launch your game, and let me know whether your saves are there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (686 Views)

All Replies

@keelypaige22  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and which version?  Please also go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and let me know what you see there.  If it's easier, you can take a screenshot and attach it to a post.

Message 2 of 10 (805 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for replying. I have a Mac book pro the newest one and 

the processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

I have screenshotted what I see under "saves"

Message 3 of 10 (779 Views)

@keelypaige22

The Scratch folder should only be there when you are playing the game. Try removing it and see if your game will then launch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 10 (727 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Sorry I had the game in the background, so that's why that would have been there. But even exiting and re-downloading the game. If I play it for a bit and save/save as the game, when I go on to play the next time, nothing is saved Frown

thank you all for your replies though
Message 5 of 10 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry I didn't tag you, I have added the screenshot down below in the forum.
ignore the scratch folder as I had the game on in the background, I have a Mac book pro the newest one and
the processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
thank you
Message 6 of 10 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]

@keelypaige22  Okay, with your game closed, right-click (or hold down the crtl key and click) on one of the saves folders in your screenshot, and select Get Info.  In the pop-up you get, please copy the info under Where, and paste it here.  You can delete your username, but list everything else.

Message 7 of 10 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict hopefully did this right, i screenshotted two separate ones.

All it said under where was "‎⁨iCloud Drive⁩ ▸ ⁨Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Electronic Arts⁩ ▸ ⁨The Sims 4⁩ ▸ ⁨saves⁩"

Message 8 of 10 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]

@keelypaige22  Yes, you found exactly the right info.  And it shows the issue: your saves are in your iCloud drive, not stored locally on your computer.  First, disable iCloud's automatic syncing of Documents:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Don't sign out of iCloud entirely, at least not yet.  First, drag your Sims 4 folder out of iCloud drive and onto your desktop, so you have access to it even without iCloud enabled.  If you have more than one folder there, look for the one that has all the saves from your previous screenshot—that's the one you want to grab.

Now go into Documents\Electronic Arts and delete the Sims 4 folder that's already there.  (If you have any new content you want to save, you can rename this folder instead of just trashing it.)  Put the Sims 4 folder on your desktop inside the Electronic Arts folder instead.  Make sure it's simply labeled "The Sims 4" and not "The Sims 4 copy" or something else.  Launch your game, and let me know whether your saves are there.

Message 9 of 10 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It worked!!! 

Message 10 of 10 (660 Views)