Game periodically freezes after November 2020 Update

by tanyakaz

Original Post

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

@tanyakaz @cvarnadoe 

Do you think this is your issue? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 39 (596 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora So I moved the folder to my desktop and began a new game. I have played for about 5-10 minutes so far without any freezing so I am not starting to believe it was one of my saved games causing the issues. Thank you so much for your help. I am going to try to slowly add back some of my families to see if I can still keep them as a game.
Message 22 of 39 (595 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora, the description of the issue is definitely exactly like mine. Although my save game file is 13 MB so it doesn't sound as crazy as some of the ones people mention in that thread.
Message 23 of 39 (580 Views)

Sims 4 lagging and hyper speed not working

★★★ Novice

I've had the game downloaded on my 2020 MacBook Air for about 3 weeks now. In the last 2-3 days since playing, the game has started lagging, and stopping time and I'm unable to click on anything or switch my sims to make them do any tasks. It's insanely frustrating and I'm at the point I don't want to play anymore. I downloaded expansion packs just about a week after downloading the game and I have Seasons, Outdoor retreat and backyard patio. I've tried clearing cache, repairing the game, updating the game, nearly everything I've seen in the forums to try and fix the issue. I've cleared inventories, any extra saved games... the works. What can I do to fix this? Also, the hyper speed when Sims are sleeping or at work is not working, is this the same issue?

Message 24 of 39 (524 Views)

Re: Game periodically freezes after November 2020 Update

★★★ Novice

I am also having this same issue. I updated the game on 11/15/2020 and ever since then it has been freezing and lagging. It has never crashed, but I can't get my Sims to do anything or click for them to do tasks. I'm unable to switch between Sims. It takes WAY long to exit or save the game. I play on a new MacBook Air and it played smooth until I updated this week. I have the seasons expansions pack along with outdoor retreat and backyard stuff. My sims will either freeze where they were or they will just go do what they want. My hyper speed is also not working when they are sleeping too.

Message 25 of 39 (523 Views)

@tanyakaz @katieallred 

How big are your save files?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 39 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m unsure, how do I check this?

Message 27 of 39 (515 Views)

@katieallred

Look at the file size in Finder.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 39 (511 Views)

★★★ Novice

Excuse my being dumb... is the “finder” in Origin or my Mac?

Message 29 of 39 (500 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m still learning my Mac too lol

Message 30 of 39 (499 Views)