Re: Game performance issues, Sims 3 64-bit

by xMissLynn

Original Post

Game performance issues, Sims 3 64-bit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi all, I wanted to create a separate thread for those with the Sims 3 64-bit working. I thought creating a separate thread would be easier for people who have it to talk, rather than scrambling through 200+ pages within the other thread.

I saw someone earlier in the huge thread of a problem where they couldn't download a custom world from the store.

One problem I'm currently having is the game constantly freezing on live mode. I was in build mode for an hour, and had no problems. However, in live mode my game seems to freeze for 30 seconds at at time and the rainbow spinny thing appears. 

Please if you are finding any issues with the 64-bit version, I'd love to know if any of us are sharing similar problems.

edited title to be more specific.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 14 (1,082 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims 3 64Bit - Thread for those who have it

★ Guide
@iscool87 Issues I experienced: Showtime not showing up as available to download (everything else is), encountered the installation error notice on the main menu, launcher would crash when I tried installing sims3packs
Message 2 of 14 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]

@iscool87  What world(s) are you playing in?  How much RAM is the game using?  Please put Sims 3 in windowed mode (cmd-return), then open Applications > Utilities and launch the Activity Monitor.  Sort by memory and let me know how much Sims 3 is using.

Please also post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Edit:  @iscool87  I changed the title of your thread so that people with issues getting the game to install or load don't keep posting in it.

@sarahbevan  Your issues are related to getting the game installed, not playing it, so please post in threads related to those issues, for example this one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Installation-Verification-Failure-Sims-3-64-bit-relea...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 14 (1,006 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims 3 64Bit - Thread for those who have it

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictEvery Mac user who has the newly-released 64-bit update of TS3 is experiencing the same installation error & subsequent crash. Thankfully, the Sims team is working on fixing it as we speak, so there should be an update coming to fix the error.

Message 4 of 14 (988 Views)

@sarahbevan  I'm aware of the issues, and in fact I've posted in all the threads.  This particular thread was started by someone who wants to troubleshoot a (mostly) working game.  It's always best to keep each thread on-topic, both for the people asking for help and for anyone else who might come along.

Message 5 of 14 (978 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Ah, yesterday I heard a few reports from folks who were able to play for about 1.5-2 hrs and the game would crash at least twice during that time.
Message 6 of 14 (968 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict I was just trying to create a thread to create a space for those who have the working game to report any issues they are finding in general.
Message 7 of 14 (962 Views)

@iscool87  I understand, but in the first ten minutes after you created this thread, I moved three other posts out of it and into other threads covering the known issue.

It's also best to keep troubleshooting to either one issue per thread or one original poster at a time.  Otherwise, issues can get confused, details can get lost or scrambled, and useful suggestions might not be tested by the people who need them.

If you want a general discussion thread, that's different, but if the goal is to fix or address issues with game performance, it's a lot easier to get that done when threads are split and oragnized.

Message 8 of 14 (951 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I’m only able to play for about 30mins, but the main issue I have is that the game has some loading problems. I’m playing in Sunset Valley, have only installed base game for now. 

My mac specs:

macbook pro 2017

3,1 Ghz dual core intel i5

8 GB RAM

intel iris plus graphics 650 1536 mb

and when i look in the activity monitor it shows that it uses 1,28 GB

Hope this helps

Message 9 of 14 (950 Views)

@xMissLynn  Do you have any mods or custom content?  It's fine if you do; just let me know.

What was happening in-game when the problem showed up, and what exactly happened?

Message 10 of 14 (935 Views)