Game isnt working/loading

by knh7805

Original Post

Game isnt working/loading

★ Novice

Ok so i have a lot of custom content (2000+) and ive noticed when i try to open the game, it stays on the opening "Sims 4" screen after it says "EA and Maxis" and then i get the pinwheel ball thing of death (I own a mac). It takes overnight to load and ive tried taking everything out of my mods folder (besides the resource thing) and nothing works. Help??

Message 1 of 3 (942 Views)

Re: Game isnt working/loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @knh7805 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads in a couple of minutes) @Bluebellflora  Edit: Apologies, misread you'd taken the mods out..  Will tag someone for you as well 

In the meantime, and they will get back to you when they can: try checking the posts on new requirements based on your packs and so on. For example: The Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large expansion, and proved to be an issue for quite a lot of people,

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.. ie: Not all cc and mod makers update their content, as the Sims has undergone many updates and new packs that some of the cc/mods will simply not cope with.
  • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues: please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,
  • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.
  • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, (but only for Windows not Mac - so if you have access to one, you could copy your Mods folder and check them that way) as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. (if you haven't yet even tried to 'use' a cc in the game)  It will detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you still have problems.

Sasha 

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future.Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 3 (928 Views)

Re: Game isnt working/loading

@knh7805

Move out the actual Mods folder to your desktop, repair the game, then try to load it again without your CC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (900 Views)