Game isn't loading (The Sims 3, mac)

by Zdisa19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game isn't loading (The Sims 3, mac)

★★★ Novice

Hello, today I wanted to play The Sims 3, but it stopped loading and it's not working. I have MacBook Pro and starting game from Origin, which everytime opens classical starting Sims 3 window. 

After I pressed 'play' it was okay, but when it arrived at loading The Sims 3 Seasons pack, it crushed and stopped loading... since this it's not loading. It hasn't moved for 25 minutes..

If anyone knows what's with that and what to do with that, please answer me and help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Carol

Message 1 of 3 (1,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game isn't loading (The Sims 3, mac)

@Zdisa19

Please read the Sims 3 Mac help thread for troubleshooting issues and an explanation of how the Sims 3 works on Macs - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,215 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, Carol.

I see you have an expansion pack, and this may have to do with the amount of lag your game is supplying. Here is some things you can try:

Re-download the Sims, this may just be a bug in the game.

Update your Mac. Sometimes Sims updates along with the computer itself.

Get TS4. Seriously, it's awesome! It'll fix your problem as well as run faster.

Check if TS3 is taking up too much memory or that your computer is so packed with memory that TS3 can no longer run. Make sure that your computer has a stable RAM and processor.

Hope this helps!

-Tiff

Message 2 of 3 (1,226 Views)

@Zdisa19

Please read the Sims 3 Mac help thread for troubleshooting issues and an explanation of how the Sims 3 works on Macs - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (1,216 Views)