Game is stuck on Finalizing after Installing

by mschro303

Original Post

Game is stuck on Finalizing after Installing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem but on the Mac and I am not tech savvy at all so if someone could walk me through step by step to get sims 3 to stop saying "finalizing" I would really appreciate it.  It is not a wifi problem, I tried restarting my laptop, and I tried logging in and out of Origin. 

Message 1 of 22 (19,615 Views)

Re: Game is stuck on Finalizing after Installing

@mschro303  The original thread you posted in was for SimCity, so I split your comment and moved it into the Sims/mac section.

To get rid of the "finalizing" message, please run the Origin reset tool for macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

You also don't need to have Origin running to play—just use the Sims 3 icon in Applications.  If you get an unknown error message, please let me know which packs you've installed so far.  It's easier to work with just the base game first, and then add packs once you've confirmed that it launches, but either way is fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 22 (19,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 22 (19,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait, the reinstall worked but instead of the game saying finalizing it says play and when i click it a window says "unknown error occurred."

Message 4 of 22 (19,474 Views)

@mschro303  No worries; I unmarked the solution, since you're still having issues. There are several causes for the unknown error, and which workarounds you apply will depend on a couple of factors.

Have you installed any packs yet, and if so, which ones?  Four of them (Ambitions, Late Night, Fast Lane, and Outdoor Living) don't install correctly, but it's simple enough to fix the problem.  It is easier though to describe what to do if I know which packs are involved.

If you only have the base game installed, please provide your mac's specs, as well as the device ID of your graphics card.  Here's how to find that information:

https://bluebellflora.com/2018/07/24/sims-3-mac-players-i-need-your-help/#Information

And please also let me know if you've ever done an uninstall on this computer, especially if you had one or more packs installed before that are not installed now.

Message 5 of 22 (19,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the bundle that gets you the base game and the Late Night. I have not done an uninstall for sims 3 on my mac before. Thank you!!!

Message 6 of 22 (19,452 Views)

@mschro303  Okay, then you might only have to apply the simplest workaround: creating an alias for Late Night in Applications, alongside the alias for the base game.  Here's how to do it:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

If you still get an unknown error, you'll need to edit TS3's .sgr files to force it to recognize your graphics card.  I can help with that, if you want; just post the specs of your mac, along with the device ID of your card.

Message 7 of 22 (19,449 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem but the Origin rest tool is not working, and when I try to right click on it in applications it doesn't work either.

Message 8 of 22 (19,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m in same position if you figure it out lmk

[edit: email address removed]

Message 9 of 22 (14,434 Views)

@kevincuevas2019  Please post the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 10 of 22 (14,365 Views)