by JuliaChang93

Original Post

Game got way too slow

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unless the lot is extremely small or has few furniture, it always happens. I am not completely sure after which one but it started after installing Eco Lifestyle or updating the game (latest June update)
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is laggy most of the time, it does not freeze but it is slow by all means. The loading screens did not change too much but in-game performance has visibly dropped.
What do you expect to see? Playing my game without lagging - as before Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch or Eco Lifestyle

I am not using any mods, I have a few custom content - only clothing (I was also using the same content before the patch / pack). Tried disabling all CCs but the issue persists, besides i adjusted most of my graphical settings to lower (Now i am playing it with many of them set to medium, before the game was perfect in same conditions), nothing has changed.

Message 1 of 9 (966 Views)

Re: Game got way too slow

Hero

HI @JuliaChang93 

Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (905 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello, here they are:

Message 3 of 9 (895 Views)

@JuliaChang93

Can you move out your Sims 4 folder to the desktop, launch the game so a new one is created and see how the new game performs?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 9 (859 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Did it and adjusted all graphical settings to the same, but seems it is not the case :/ 

Message 5 of 9 (842 Views)

@JuliaChang93

It should definitely be performing better on that Mac with that GPU. Try updating Catalina to the current version, 10.15.5 and see if that helps. Maybe a new game installation will help?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 9 (818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thanks for your help, I've upgraded my system to the latest, repaired my game before starting it. There was still no change in performance and i got in the mood of "enraged" LOL. So i was asking to my computer like "so what is your recommended settings?" and restored all to default. I was using the graphical settings "Sims: very high", "View distance: high", and enabling post processing effects, the rest of them were MEDIUM! The default settings were all on high, kind of a joke to me but gave it a shot. Then something really weird happened and everything was much more better, my game got a lot smoother. So i got like "what was the reason!!11" i really dont know why, maybe my GPU cannot stand my sims having very high graphical settings lol. Now it looks okay, if it will get worse again; i will let you know and also try a new game installation. The strange thing is before there was no problem with my custom settings also. Better not change them at least for a while :D

Message 7 of 9 (785 Views)

@JuliaChang93

Do you use CC on your Sims? High poly CC can cause serious lag in the game as t struggles to render all this polygons Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 9 (750 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sorry for being late, did not have much time to play Sims lately! Frown I was using some CCs but after these kind of issues, i deleted all lol Frown but that had not worked either, only resetting all to default  worked just fine :D

Message 9 of 9 (659 Views)