Re: Freezing after game patch November 2020

by Sandraog

Original Post

Game freezes after the November patch 2020

★★★★★ Newbie

After the patch to fix the crashes, the game has become unplayable. After the patch, I could get all the way to where it loads into the world, and then it would just load for eternity and the gem would be spinning. I repaired the game, and I could actually play for about 5-10 min and the game would just freeze and then I would have to force close it. I decided to repair it again, and it got even worse. It cannot even get past the part where it just shows the logo. It freezes and again, I have to force close it. I am playing on my brand new macbook air, so I don't think it is my laptop. 

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

Freezing after game patch November 2020

★★★★★ Newbie

After the patch to fix the crashes, the game has become unplayable. After the patch, I could get all the way to where it loads into the world, and then it would just load for eternity and the gem would be spinning. I repaired the game, and I could actually play for about 5-10 min and the game would just freeze and then I would have to force close it. I decided to repair it again, and it got even worse. It cannot even get past the part where it just shows the logo. It freezes and again, I have to force close it. I am playing on my brand new macbook air, so I don't think it is my laptop. 

Message 2 of 6 (672 Views)

@Illama0_0

How about if you move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop so the game launches a new one?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (646 Views)

Re: Game freezes after the November patch 2020

@Illama0_0 

Just because a computer is new it doesn't mean it isn't an issue with the machine or compatibility.

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (588 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already tried moving the tray file to the desktop, and I am continuing to have the freeze after getting to the main screen, clicking the "play" button, then plumbob forever.

Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry, I will also add that i'm playing on my iMac REtina 5k, late 2015/3.2 ghz quad core i5/16gb 1867 mhz DDR3/AMD Radion R9 M380 2gb.  I haven't updated to Big Sur yet and am playing the OS version 10.15.7.  I have played for many years successfully on this mac, until now.

Message 6 of 6 (602 Views)