Game crashing when loading households

by alainnabelknap

Original Post

Game crashing when loading households

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I haven't been able to play my game for months due to this issue.

The issue: At first I was experiencing a bug that made my Sims unable to prepare, eat or grab food at all, which made gameplay annoying. Then, my game stopped working at all. After loading the homescreen and choosing my world, I try to click on my household, and during the loading screen it gets stuck and application stops responding. 

What I've already tried: Repairing game, updating game/ computer, deleting all cc/ caches/ crash reports, disabling Origin during gameplay, uninstalling game and reinstalling, moving my entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop (I basically lost the folder after that- can't find it on my desktop nor with Finder), deleting the entire game from my computer and reinstalling (thought this would reset my game and was even willing to go to this length to be able to play again, but I reinstalled the game + launched + saw that all my saves were still there!). I seriously am willing to take the nuclear route and delete everything if it means I can play again, but even that I can't manage!

About my mac: MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018), 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

About my game: I use Origin to play Sims 4 + Pets + University + City Living, I've only downloaded cc once and immediately deleted it all right after

Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: Game crashing when loading households

@alainnabelknap

Do you have a Scratch folder in your saves folder?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Yes, I do! Thanks for your reply
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

@alainnabelknap

Could you trash the Scratch folder and then see if it loads ok? Please let me know how you get on Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)