Game crashes every time I try loading saves

by real0r-notreal

Original Post

Game crashes every time I try loading saves

★★ Novice

A couple of days ago I was able to play through multiple saves perfectly fine, and then yesterday I tried to open the game, and it froze as soon as I would try loading the screen to choose from my saves. For a while, the freezing would be so bad that it would affect my whole computer, and I couldn't use any other apps without restarting the laptop. This kept happening even after I removed my Mods folder.

After repairing the game and taking out the localthumbcache. package, it doesn't freeze anymore, but now the game just completely crashes if I try loading any of my saves. I can still stay on the main screen without any problem, and I've been able to go into CAS when starting a new save without it freezing or quitting. I've repaired the game multiple times now and I'm still having the same problem - does anyone know what else could be causing this?

Mac Specs:

Mojave 10.14.5

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDD

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

Re: Game crashes every time I try loading saves

@real0r-notreal

Maybe you have one or more Mods that the save relies on to load correctly and removing them crashes the save?

Your OS is not up to date although that probably doesn't have any bearing on this. 10.14.6 is the last Mojave build.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)