Game broken since April 2021 update

by Becky1906

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game broken since April 2021 update

★★ Novice

Since the most recent April 2021 update my save files will not open, it allows me to click on the file but just has the spinning plumbob loading screen indefinitely. I make copies of my save files frequently so I have tried to use these older copies of the save file as well as using the recover saves in game option. Also, when I try to make a new game the worlds will not load as shown in the screenshot attached. I do use clothes/hair CC and MCCC (the most recent version) but I have taken all mods out of my game and it still will not work. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game broken since April 2021 update

@Becky1906

Yes you can right click - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh35853/mac

Click on the game in your Origin games library then click on the cog below the game image and select Repair game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (884 Views)

All Replies

@Becky1906

Start with a clean folder and a save back in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 10 (980 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed my Sims 4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder and the game would still not load the worlds as shown in the screenshot

Message 3 of 10 (944 Views)

@Becky1906

Have you repaired the game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I repair the game? The only instructions I can find say to right-click the game in Origin but as I have a Mac I cannot right-click and none of the other options, such as cmd-click or shift-click, work.

Message 5 of 10 (891 Views)

@Becky1906

Yes you can right click - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh35853/mac

Click on the game in your Origin games library then click on the cog below the game image and select Repair game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you! I'll try that. I had been ctrl clicking but in origin home not in game library. 

Edit: just tried it and it worked!!! Thank you so much! I was so worried it was broken forever. You are a lifesaver!

Message 7 of 10 (882 Views)

Missing Worlds Error

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure but it's the update on 4/27/2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs. All game packs but Journey To Batuu, Strangerville, and Jungle Adventure. Then the stuff packs moschino, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden, movie hangout, and cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You click new game, make a sim, (since I have seasons i also choose a season), and then when it goes for me to choose which world I want to live in no worlds appear, it's just blank. I have also tried to go onto a previous world I had and when i open the save (for any of the saves) it just turns to a constant loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you make a new game what happens is that there are no worlds you can see and when you click where the worlds SHOULD be, there is nothing. When you load a save the game just continues to load constantly and you actually have to force quit it unlike when you start a new game and you can just exit out of the game.
What do you expect to see? When I make a new game I expect to see the world options and when I load a save I expect it to stop loading EVENTUALLY so I can play with my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the update on 4/27/2021

I play on two devices. My laptop and desktop computer, they're both linked to my account (my sister also has a laptop linked to this account) and both my sister and I's laptops have been working perfectly fine, it's just my desktop computer that is having difficulties. I play other games on my desktop computer and there has been no issues with those. Also, I usually have some custom content and mods in my game but when the glitch started happening, I took them out and it still happened so it's not any of those.

Message 8 of 10 (858 Views)

Re: Missing Worlds Error

Hero
@VanillaPumpkine Could you try a game repair ? Merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (826 Views)

Re: Missing Worlds Error

★★ Novice
@crinrict omg thank you so much, it worked :D
Message 10 of 10 (792 Views)