Game broken after recent update

by aliciaisgreat

Original Post

Game broken after recent update

★ Novice

Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this to the right place. 

Since the Jan 21 update my game freezes every time that I play. I removed all of my mods and cc, I removed all of the save files, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I also tried repairing it multiple times but even with an entirely new Sims 4 folder, as soon as it gets into the game it will freeze and I have to quit. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

I apologize if someone else has already posted about this issue, I searched and didn't see anything. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

Re: Game broken after recent update

Hero
@aliciaisgreat How far do you get ? Does it freeze on the menu or after when trying to create a save ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (285 Views)

★ Novice

It depends. Sometimes it will freeze on the loading screen before I even make it to the menu. Sometimes I am able to get into the game but before I am really able to do anything it will freeze. 

I just noticed that I posted this in a PC section, and I'm running on a mac.  I was able to get the same information but when I try to attach it here it is an unsupported extension type, I haven't been able to change the file format. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5 (246 Views)

Hero
@aliciaisgreat Moved your post to the mac forum then. Someone else will assist you further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

@aliciaisgreat 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (202 Views)