Re: Game Won't Work After Switching To Hard Drive

by cbollettieri

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Won't Work After Switching To Hard Drive

★★★★ Novice

I just got a new external hard drive for my MacBook, I got it because my storage was always full from all the custom content I download for the sims 4. I deleted all my cc/mods, and decided to just uninstall and reinstall the game onto the external hard drive. It worked perfect at first, until I started putting cc into the mods folder. I kept getting a pop up saying there were corrupted files. It kept telling me the corrupted file was a certain piece of cc (that I knew was not corrupted) and every time I removed that piece of cc, it just said a different one was corrupted. I decided to try and repair my game, and now I've messed it up even more. It wouldn't stop verifying the game, the progress bar just stayed in the one spot. So I had to force quit, and restarted my MacBook. It's trying to verify the game again, unsuccessfully. I really don't want to have to reinstall the game again and all the packs. My wifi is super slow, it took over two days to re-download them all the first time, and I feel like it won't fix the problem. I've googled trying to find some answers, nothing. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Frown I just want to play the sims.

Message 1 of 5 (1,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

@cbollettieri

You didn't format the external drive properly - https://bluebellflora.com/saving-your-sims-4-folder-to-an-external-drive/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,443 Views)

All Replies

@cbollettieri

You didn't format the external drive properly - https://bluebellflora.com/saving-your-sims-4-folder-to-an-external-drive/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg... thank you so much. I completely forgot about that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 3 of 5 (1,433 Views)

@cbollettieri

Lol, no worries. Yeah, lots of people seem to skip that bit but I don't think I can make it any clearer in the instructions Standard smile Unless you used another source for creating symlinks that wasn't sims specific?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yes, because I remembered using a symlink last time I used an external hard drive for sims so I just googled a regular tutorial for it. Reformatting just completely slipped my mind I guess!

Message 5 of 5 (1,421 Views)