Game Won’t Load with Mods/CC on New Mac

by lewysball

Original Post

Game Won’t Load with Mods/CC on New Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

So I got a new Mac desktop the other day (the newest to date), and downloaded sims 4 and my packs the day I got it. I placed my mods folder which has around 1500 cc pieces onto a hard drive and then inserted it onto the mods folder on the new computer. All of these mods worked perfectly fine with my game when i played the day before my new Mac came.

However, the game won’t load with the mods. There is no broken / wrong CC or mods as i have gone through taking them out and trying to start the game and it still didn’t open. It opened when i had only one piece in the mods folder, but anymore it won’t open (sims 4 will bounce for a bit then take me back to Origin)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, repaired my game numerous times, deleted the localthumb file and I’m now literally all out of options other than to play the game without mods or CC which is a total deal breaker for me.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (548 Views)

Re: Game Won’t Load with Mods/CC on New Mac

@lewysball 

have you tried the 50/50 method? Or does it only work with one piece of CC, regardless as to what that piece of CC is?

To test the CC/Mods, move out your Mods folder to the desktop and trash the localthumbcache.package file. Start the game to check it will load then quit without saving. Move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again. It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (505 Views)