Game Save Files Will Not Load When Mods Are In My Mods Folder

by xlucieee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Save Files Will Not Load When Mods Are In My Mods Folder

★★★ Novice

Salutations,

Ever since I have installed The Sims 4 Seasons, I have attempted to open the save file and it is an endless loading screen (timed for 20 minutes before giving up) or if I'm luckier, it goes back to the manage worlds page. This is only when mods are in my mods folder. I even took them out and it worked perfectly fine, but when I put it back in, the game was refusing to load my save file. This is extremely annoying as I use mods all the time, and the game is simply unplayable without them as I have had them for so long.

Please, someone help.

Message 1 of 8 (1,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Save Files Will Not Load When Mods Are In My Mods Folder

Champion

Something is clearly conflicting with the game causing the saved games to not load properly. 

Have you tried playing with only the Mods in the game and no CC?

Have you tried playing with only CC and no Mods?

I am guessing that probably some of the CC may be conflicting with the game since you said you had just purchased Seasons and perhaps one of those pieces is not compatible with Seasons.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,254 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I have updated all of my mods and CC, so that 100% isn't the problem.
Message 2 of 8 (1,197 Views)

Champion

Something is clearly conflicting with the game causing the saved games to not load properly. 

Have you tried playing with only the Mods in the game and no CC?

Have you tried playing with only CC and no Mods?

I am guessing that probably some of the CC may be conflicting with the game since you said you had just purchased Seasons and perhaps one of those pieces is not compatible with Seasons.

Message 3 of 8 (1,255 Views)

@xlucieee

If your game loads fine without CC/Mods then it is 100% a CC/Mods issue I'm afraid.

Move out all your CC/Mods then move them back in in small batches, loading your game after adding each batch to see if it still works. Once it doesn't load you know the incompatible CC/Mod(s) is in that last batch so test that batch one piece at a time until the game once again breaks.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I haven't tried any of those possible solutions, I will try to give those both a go, starting with the separate cc and mods and try them as it's less time consuming and give you the results ASAP.

@Bluebellflora @Tremayne4260

For most people, it was MC Command Centre so I will try my mods one at a time then try all my CC.

Message 5 of 8 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Great news, @Tremayne4260! My mods are perfectly fine except I had to double click everything to make it work, but that's happened to be before without mods and it was just a loading error. I'm actually worried about my CC as I have 6 dated files with over 300 parts of CC in it, eek.

Message 6 of 8 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Novice

Solved! @Bluebellflora@Tremayne4260 Thank you so much for your help, it turns out 4 hairs weren't doing the game any justice so I have removed them. I'm ecstatic to play the game with mods once again. Thank you!! 

Message 7 of 8 (1,152 Views)

Champion

Most welcome! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,138 Views)