Game Menus Not Working

by halliemarie33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Menus Not Working

★★★ Novice

I have been having 3 problems with the July 31st Patch. First, when I try to save, favorite, or place anything from the gallery the screen either freezes or lets me place the item, then the screen turns darker. I've found the only way to get out of this is to force quit the Sims 4. Second, when I try to play with genetics in CAS the display and buttons are weird and messed up. Third, when I tried to go into Game Options to turn off mods and custom content to test these bugs, I found that the whole menu was similar to the play with genetics menu. I have attached screenshots of these bugs. 

Message 1 of 3 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Menus Not Working

@halliemarie33  I'm not sure what's going on with your game, but until the expert gets here, you can try a clean folder to see if it helps.  Drag your existing TS4 game folder (not just pieces, the entire thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game again, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Test a new save in this folder to see whether the problem persists.  If the new game works properly, you can start moving your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  But keep in mind that some of your mods and cc, if you have any, might not be compatible with the newest patch.  In that case, you'll need to check with the creators to see whether they've updated their content, and remove any incompatible files from your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

All Replies

@halliemarie33  I'm not sure what's going on with your game, but until the expert gets here, you can try a clean folder to see if it helps.  Drag your existing TS4 game folder (not just pieces, the entire thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game again, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Test a new save in this folder to see whether the problem persists.  If the new game works properly, you can start moving your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  But keep in mind that some of your mods and cc, if you have any, might not be compatible with the newest patch.  In that case, you'll need to check with the creators to see whether they've updated their content, and remove any incompatible files from your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (413 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, this solved all problems. I assume it is mods and custom content that is causing these bugs so I will work on that. Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)