Re: Game Keeps Crashing

by nessatay2223

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Keeps Crashing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the 64 bit for the Mac and my game keeps crashing every time I try to move my sims to a house. I have deleted the files that end in .cache to see if that helps and it doesn't. Someone please help.

Message 1 of 5 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

@nessatay2223  Do you have the Pets expansion, and does the household you're trying to move in include a pet?  If so, please try moving in a household with no pet, just to see whether that works better.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (375 Views)

All Replies

@nessatay2223  Do you have the Pets expansion, and does the household you're trying to move in include a pet?  If so, please try moving in a household with no pet, just to see whether that works better.

Message 2 of 5 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I do have the pet expansion pack and this family does have a pet. Is there a way I can remove the pet from the existing family? Or do I just need to make the family over without the pet?

Message 3 of 5 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nessatay2223  In theory, if you could get the household to load even once, you could take each sim into CAS with cheats, save them, and then use them as templates to create a "new" family.  You could try placing them on an almost-empty lot, or in a different world; they only need to load into live mode for a moment.

If you do get them to load, bring up the cheats console (cmd-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes.  Then shift-click on a sim, select "Edit in Create a Sim," and when it loads, click the folder icon next to the UI portrait to save.  Repeat for each sim.  Quit to desktop, reload, start a new save, click Create Household, and then click the button that has six silhouettes on it to bring up the saved sims.  You can click the snowflake icon to show only the sims you've saved, not the ones the game has created.

If this doesn't work and you really don't want to remake your sims, you can send me the file and I'll do it for you.  The file for the saved household will be in Library inside the Sims 3 user folder.

Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I made another family and it worked thanks 😊
Message 5 of 5 (314 Views)