Game Freeze After Switching Windows

by thegreatnaj

Original Post

Game Freeze After Switching Windows

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I play on my Mac currently on Mojave, my Sims 4 version is up to date.

OS Mojave 10.14.3

Model MacBook Pro 13in, mid 2012

Processor 1.5 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Lately I've been having my game freeze when I switch to a different window and back, having to force quit. I was using mods but it still happens when the mods are removed. It happens about half of the time I switch windows, though seems more frequent when my sim is at work in the Get To Work pack. 

I tried removing my Sims 4 folder so it downloads everything fresh, but if I try playing then without changing any of the new files it will play for about 2 minutes and then crash.

Message 1 of 4 (799 Views)

Re: Game Freeze After Switching Windows

@thegreatnaj 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea, sorry. I made this really late at night and wasn't really thinking about all the info needed lol I've updated it so its in the original post for better reference with the issue.

Message 3 of 4 (765 Views)

@thegreatnaj

Your issue may be related to the crashing and freezing other 2012 13" Mac owners are experiencing here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-crashing-freezing-Intel-HD-4000/m-p/8486475#M2...

@SimGuruNick has asked for LastCrash.txt files in that thread. Could you check if you have any in your Sims 4 folder and if so, upload or copy/paste it here?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (751 Views)