by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery Crash + Missing Lots

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Macbook Air
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All the time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and view items in the gallery or your own profile
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to open up the gallery but it automatically crashes, from both the main menu and when I'm looking at the worlds. With my lots, they have also disappeared with only a few sim families having their homes, but a majority do not. And that includes the pre-made buildings in City Living and Discover University.
What do you expect to see? Instant game crash with trying to open up the gallery, and lot glitching or being completely disappeared when looking at lots. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but even when I remove my mods folder and try it again, it still crashes no matter what.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after I downloaded Get to Work and Cats & Dogs.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After April, it happened right after I downloaded those patches and my lots went missing with only a few showing up in Windenburg. 

Message 1 of 13 (935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery Crashes + Missing Lots

Message 12 of 13 (1,130 Views)

All Replies

Gallery Crashes + Missing Lots

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and view items in the gallery or your own profile
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to open up the gallery but it automatically crashes, from both the main menu and when I'm looking at the worlds. With my lots, they have also disappeared with only a few sim families having their homes, but a majority do not. And that includes the pre-made buildings in City Living and Discover University.
What do you expect to see? instant game crash with trying to open up the gallery, and lot glitching or being completely disappeared when looking at lots. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I did remove my mods folder and tried entering the gallery again, and it still crashed. My lots are completely disappeared and I don't know what to do Frown

Message 2 of 13 (907 Views)

@blissnirvana

There are numerous threads on the Gallery crashing for Mac users in this Mac forum with no 100% fix. Unfortunately it appears to be an ongoing issue.

Not sure why your lots have disappeared. Did you maybe save your game after bulldozing them?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 13 (885 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora No, I didn't even bulldoze them because I was hoping one day the lots would just come back up. I didn't know it was an ongoing issue for Mac users, do you recommend me uninstalling Origin? I'm so afraid to do that because I don't wanna lose my game although I haved saved most of them.

Message 4 of 13 (872 Views)

@blissnirvana

I wouldn't recommend uninstalling Origin no, I don't see how either of your issues would be fixed by doing that.

I would check your saves though and also repair the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 13 (849 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried repairing my game over and over, even without my mods folder and nothing has changed. My saves look ok though!

Message 6 of 13 (804 Views)

@blissnirvana

Not sure what the missing lots issue could be. If your saves are loading ok all the files are in the right location. Move your Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file and then load the game to see if it still happens.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 13 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok so I did that, and no change. Is there any way I could restart the game and the lots will come back?

Message 8 of 13 (744 Views)

@blissnirvana

I don't know. I don't really understand how lots can disappear. Have you looked for a bug report? I think there may be one for it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 13 (734 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok so I found a link for houses/missing lots and one of the first things it says is "DO NOT SAVE GAMES IN THIS STATE" but is it bad that ALL of my sims families are saved in this state because while it wasn't working I kept adding workable cc since there was nothing to do with no lots?

Message 10 of 13 (710 Views)