GAME DATA INCOMPLETE

by ximenarifai

Original Post

GAME DATA INCOMPLETE

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm really starting to get frustrated with the Sims 4 & Origin, I still don't have any answers as to why my Origin app is not loading properly & today after trying to start the game for days, I was finally able to start it to be greeted by a message saying "Game data incomplete" (I will try to attach a photo of the whole message) but basically I've lost a bunch of game packs & expansions, & and probably all of my saves that live in those worlds, I couldn't check because I was too afraid to click on anything and save it by mistake and potentially lose everything I've worked on for years.

I am BEGGING FOR HELP HERE PLEASE! 

Message 1 of 17 (763 Views)

Re: GAME DATA INCOMPLETE

@ximenarifai 

Your DLC is in a separate folder called Sims 4 Packs in the same location your game is installed to, usually the User Applications folder. If that folder is not in the same location Origin will tell you the packs are not installed

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 12.02.59.png

If you have a corrupted pack download you will need to force a re-download/repair -  https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 17 (735 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I did do a little bit of research & you mentioned creating another folder if we didn’t see one like the one below which I did, the problem is months ago I had another problem with my game & had to create another user & start playing from there. 
So here’s the thing, I created the new folder “The Sims 4 Packs” & transfered them to that one on my Macintosh HD BUT not all of them are showing on the username that I actually play in. 

Message 3 of 17 (728 Views)

@ximenarifai 

Your installation sounds like a mess. The Sims 4 Packs folder is automatically created when you install the game, no need to manually create it.

I would:

1. Uninstall the entire game
  2. Change the default game library location to Macintosh HD/Applications in Origin > Installs & Saves
  3. Re-download the game and packs. The Sims 4 Packs folder will be automatically created and DLC will be installed in it

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 17 (706 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That’s what happens when I had to create a new user to download the game & now I have two users with different games when I don’t really play on one. 
So, how can I uninstall everything when Origin doesn’t even load properly? It’s still a white box, I can’t even access Origin, all the buttons are blank & unresponsive

Message 5 of 17 (685 Views)

@ximenarifai

Do you mean you have the game installed twice? Or you have two different saves loading?

Try the Origin reset tool for fixing Origin - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 17 (674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

so The Sims 4 app itself is located in Macintosh HD, but I can see there’s 3 different The Sims 4 Packs folders, one in my Admin user, another one in my secondary user & a third one in Macintosh HD. They all have a different number of EP, GP & SP installed. That might be an issue. 
Also, the reset tool isn’t fixing Origin on the user that I play in

Message 7 of 17 (670 Views)

@ximenarifai

You need the Sims 4 Packs folder to be in the same location as the Sims 4 app. In Macintosh HD > Applications right? You can trash the rest.

Try manually resetting Origin and if that doesn't work maybe uninstall and reinstall Origin - https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 17 (647 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora  So what happens if the Sims 4 Packs folder in Macintosh HD seems to have less packs than the other 2 folders? Do I trash the rest & then try to reinstall all of my content? Will I lose all of the things that say are not installed in my game? 

I'm gonna try to manually reset Origin first & if that doesn't work, I'll try to reinstall it & report later. 

Message 9 of 17 (624 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I'm so so sorry for the spam but I did manually uninstall Origin with the link you sent me, I erased all of the other Sims 4 Packs folders except the one located in Macintosh HD, restarted my laptop, reinstalled Origin & it still a freakin' white box, leaving me completely unable to access the app to see what's up with my game & packs. 

I have attached a screenshot of how the app looks when you try to open it up. 

Again, thank you so much for all that you do for the community of players. 

Message 10 of 17 (612 Views)