Re: GAME DATA INCOMPLETE

by ximenarifai

Original Post

@ximenarifai

Thanks Standard smile Did you download and reinstall Origin again after manually uninstalling it? Work through all the suggestions in this Origin/Mac troubleshooting post too - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p...

Let's get Origin working and then we can move onto the packs issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 17 (345 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I did!

I also did all the suggestions in the troubleshooting post:

1) I reset my Origin

2) Verified my Gatekeeper settings & they do allow downloads from other known developers 

3) Flushed my DNS successfully 

4) Disabled proxy settings (although this step confuses me because the SOCKS PROXY is checked every time I restart my Mac even though I uncheck it every time)

5) My internet speed reads: Download (93.87 Mbps) Upload (21.97 Mbps)

6) I did able my Firewall instead of disabling it because it has been disabled & hadn't worked 

7) My Mac host files but they appear to be fine since I don't have the gs.apple.com entry appear on Terminal which according to the post would be an issue

And now my Origin appears to be just fine...Don't know if it had anything to do with Firewall since thats the only step that changed this time or if flushing the DNS cache every time is gonna do the trick now or what. I will try to run the game & see if it works & if all my content is there & report back. 

Message 12 of 17 (330 Views)

@ximenarifai

Yay! Let me know how you get on.....

AHQSigImage.png
Message 13 of 17 (326 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have literally left it loading for 2 hours & it’s still loading the blue plumbob screen Frown

Message 14 of 17 (318 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora got it to stop loading forever & work at some point by disabling Origin in game but then noticed that all of the content (hairs, clothes, etc) from purchased packs where showing broken with like the red and white checkers and question marks all over which means that even though it shows that I own that content in game, for some odd reason its not recognizing it as such. Also when I exited the game to see what was happening, I uninstalled the game, to reinstall all of the packs to see if that would work but I'm stuck in offline mode even though I have a good wifi connection & Origin is allowed incoming connections, now I cannot even access Origin since there is a message saying a need to be online to access my account for the first time ;/ leaving me unable to redownload my games. This truly sucks! 

Message 15 of 17 (306 Views)

@ximenarifai

Urgh Frown

There is this ongoing thread affecting PC and Mac users which may help - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Several-Issues-after-incomplete-Installa...

Where is the game now installed to and can you see the Sims 4 Packs in the same location?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 17 (287 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm heading to bed now, so I will make sure to read through that thread tomorrow! & the game I uninstalled like I told you, thinking I was going to be able to redownload it before Origin decided to fail me once again. But before that happened it was located in the Macintosh HD --> Applications along with the Sims 4 Packs (this one is still installed there)

Message 17 of 17 (272 Views)